Friday, January 2, 2015

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE FOURTEEN: ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: CHAPTER THREE: KNOWING

Mike comes into the office to meet Mandy pacing round the place
 "I know that look, what is going on? Did someone die?" He sits down
 "No! I have a confession to make" she sits and stares at him for a moment
"Okay, this just got awkward, are you trying to hit on me?" He said mockingly
"Ha! You wish, not you, more like a ghost of fling's past" she bends her head avoiding his stare
 "I don't get it, which particular fling?"
"I had a fling with a doctor, that worked in the rehab center, his name is Gerald Sam, he tried to get serious with me but I ran, like hell. That didn't stop him, he kept sending me emails, I never replied, now Benjamin is back and he asked me if I knew him, in fact I don't know, I am confused" she placed her hand on her head
"Why are you sounding guilty? I thought you said it was a fling?" Mike looks at her confused
 "Maybe it was more, he proposed and I said yes, well kinda after a few drinks"
"Mandy! Oh my God! You stood a guy up, why are you so afraid of commitment?
"Well you know what happened the last time, I always make the wrong choice when it comes to men" she stands up again and starts pacing
"Calm down, take a breather, what do you want to do?"
 "Guess we need to talk, at least I owe him an explanation" she sits and twirls round on the chair
"So you will call him on the phone or reply his emails?"
 "No, I am going on a trip"



Simi is in the Doctors office for her checkup, he is pressing her stomach with his palm
 "If you feel any pain just let me know" he said to her
"Okay"
He continues to the right side of her lower abdomen, she winced in pain
"That's odd, when have you been feeling this pain?"
"For a while, only when I touch that side or bend over, I thought it is normal" she sounded scared
 "Simi I told you to tell me if you feel any form of pain, we will have to check the babies position" she looks at him with her brows raised "I know you said you don't want to know the gender of your child, but we have to check to know if it is pressing towards an organ, okay".
He plugs in the ultrasound, applies the gel on her belly and placed the transducer, the image of her baby appears on the screen, he takes a good look at it
 "I was right, your baby is pressing on your liver"
Simi appears downcast and scared
 "So what does it mean?"
 "It means you have to go into labor earlier than we expected, we might operate"
She has a total mood swing and fixes her gaze on the floor
"I never wanted to carry out a caesarian, my mum had me through c.s thought mine will be different"
 "It doesn't matter, for your health and safety, also for the sake of your baby girl" she looks up at him with wide eyes "Yes Simi, you are having a girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading