Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Season 1; Episode 2: Like An Eruption

Simi is lying in the hospital bed, she is still unconscious, Tamuno and Ego are sitting down while Mandy keeps pacing round the place "He doesn't know me, he just wants to pull his own legs not mine, what right does he have to sue my firm? Chief Badmus wherever you are, God will punish you and your generation" Mandy said with rage. "Men, what a specie, how will Simi take this?" Ego said "Ejiro is a soaked cerebrum" Tamuno said as Mandy and Ego looks at her in disbelief "I'm sorry, I can't help it at times, is the only thing that keeps me calm" "HIV/AIDS positive, at least he didn't transfer it to Simi, he got exactly what he deserved" Mandy said "Seriously, I'm in great shock, though i came across it on the internet, that over 35% of Nigerians are carriers" Ego said "People get tested everyday and over 20% are positive" Tamuno said "If I set my eyes on Ejiro he will pay, he needs to be locked up, letting him go is like giving him a free pass to spread it" Mandy said "But what I will do to Chief Badmus, he will beg the ground to open and swallow him". Simi coughs out loud and opens up her eyes "I will go get the Doctor" Tamuno said as she leaves the room, Ego and Mandy help her up "how are you?" Ego said "I'm okay just the headache, is like my head is about to explode" Tamuno walks in with the doctor "Miss Adeniyi, I'm glad you are awake" he checks her and asks her a few questions "She is can go, she is alright now" he said "Are you sure?" Tamuno asked "Yes, is just a setback, she will be fine, i will give her some aspirin for the headache, Dr Sani follow me to my office so I can give it to you" Tamuno goes with him. "Let's help her to the reception, Tamuno can meet us there" Ego said, they help her up and exit the ward.................................................................................. Simi wakes up the next day to find the girls lying down in her bedroom, Ego and Mandy are both sleeping on the floor while Tamuno is on the couch, she looks at the clock, it is 8am in the morning, she decides to tip-toe to the kitchen and make herself a cup of coffee "Where are you sneaking off to?" Tamuno said "I thought you were fast asleep" Simi said "Oh Honey, I don't sleep so where to?" "I just want to get a cup of coffee" "Go back and lie down, I will get it myself" Tamuno said "Please make it two" Mandy said "Three" Ego added still half asleep "Lazy spleens" Tamuno said as he made her way to the kitchen "How are you sweetie" Mandy gets up and joins Simi on the bed "Ego fold that before you stand" "Whatever" Ego said folding the blankets she and Mandy used in sleeping "I'm alright, you people don't have to keep watch, I'm not sick and is Sunday, go to church" Simi said "What are friends for, we could bring the church here" Ego said, Tamuno comes in and hands each one a cup "So who will lead the praise and worship?" Mandy said while sipping her coffee "I will" Ego said "Then you will pray and Tamuno will preach" "Whaaaat! Why do i always get the hard part" Tamuno said "thought you once said that you preached at the hospital" Mandy said "Fine and prepare to be amazed" "I don't know how I will survive without all of you, you are all amazing" Simi said with a smile "Trust me sweetie, we are here for a long long time, Ego start now, what else are you doing, or do you want to chew the cup? Tamuno, please get the bible and don't preach to us like we are the organs of the human body" Mandy said "Then you will be the running stomach" Tamuno said, they laugh at her joke before Ego starts leading the praise..................................................................... Few days later, Ego enters her editors office who is on the phone "Yes...why haven't I seen the model for the photo shoot? I said 9am and is minutes to 10'o'clock......she better be fast" He hangs up "Well good morning my sweet genius" he said to Ego as he stands to hug her "Have a sit" she sits as he goes back to his chair "Model problem?" she said "Yes, is for the cover of the fashion page, I guess she is fashionably late". "Okay, you told me to come to your office this morning before stepping into mine, so what is the emergency?" she said "Sorry about that, just one minute" he picks up the phone "Wale, send in the girl". A young girl walks into the office "I decided to lift the load of my assistant by bringing you a new assistant" Ego stares at the girl for a while before realizing what he said "You mean my new assistant, Beenie, I don't need one" she said getting up "Yes you do" the girl is still standing looking confused "Don't worry if you don't like her, we will solve the problem" he picks up the phone to make a call. Ego leaves the office, as she enters her office, she turns to see the girl following her "Why you still here, don't you have your own space?" "I do" she said pointing at a corner not far from Ego's office "I just want to introduce myself before going, I'm Dami Oke, a graduate of Mass Communication at the University of Lagos" "Oh nice meeting you Dami, i studied Mass Communication in Unilag too but graduated in 2007" "I graduated in 2010" she said happily to Ego "I can remember you, you were very beautiful, I mean you are still beautiful of course, I was a fresher when you where in your finals...." "That's enough chit chat" Ego said with a mean face "Did I say something wrong?" Dami said "No, you are just loquacious, now here are some ground rules 1) You don't answer your private calls in my office. 2) Don't touch my desk. 3) Don't make use of my convenience. 4) When messages come in through the email, only show me the relevant ones. 5) I don't accept any excuse on lateness. 6) When you are around me, you don't breathe. 7) Number 6 is not included. I'm I making myself clear?" She nods in a fearful manner "Good, hope we do get on very well, now, run along" Dami leaves shutting the door behind her, Ego picks up her phone and dials a number "Hello Tami, good morning" "Morning dear,what's up?" Tamuno replies as she walks down the hospital lobby towards the wards, holding a big brown envelope "I wanted to ask if you have heard from Simi since we left her house on Monday morning, she hasn't returned any of my calls" Ego said "Same with me, and I've been so busy, did you check her studio?" Tamuno said "Yes, but one of her girls said she hasn't come to work since this week, let me call Mandy and ask her" Ego said "Alright just keep me posted if anything comes up" Tamuno said as she opened the door to a ward, an elderly man is lying in the bed while a young woman is sitting beside him "Morning Mrs Okoro, how are you today?" Tamuno said to her "I'm fine, I'm just a little bit worried about my father, he can't get up without complaining of pains" the woman said "Well, here are the results to the x-ray we had on him" Tamuno said bringing out the result from the envelope and putting on the X-pulse which illuminates the image "Your Dad has an abnormal growth on the spinal cord " "Oh my God, please doctor hope is not bad" she said "No, at least we were able to detect it on time, would have turned to a tumor but we thank God, will get my team on it to make sure he goes into surgery any moment from now" Tamuno said "Thank you so much, please do all you can to save my father" she said "Won't be a problem".......................................................................... Mandy is stuck in the mainland traffic for close to 30 minutes, her phone rings interrupting her thoughts "Hello Ego, what's good" "I'm fine, have you heard from Simi?" Ego said from the other end "No dear, maybe she needs space, considering she is not picking her calls or answering her door" Mandy said "And you are positive she is alright and haven't done anything crazy?" Ego said "Just chill, I know Simi, she is not a coward, she will call when she is ready" "Okay, just tell me when you hear from her" "No problem sweetie" Mandy said as she hangs up. ................................................................................... Mandy makes her way into an office without bothering to answer the secretary, who runs towards her "You don't have an appointment Miss" Mandy ignored her pushing the door open "Finally, he is around" Chief Badmus is attending to a man, who immediately stands and leaves the office. "Sir please, I didn't tell her to come in" the secretary said getting down on her knees "Don't worry, I will handle it" she stands up and leaves the office. "So, I have been coming since Monday, the chief doesn't have you on his appointment list, I booked one but still, same story, congratulations for frustrating me and wearing off my Christian Louboutin" Mandy said angrily at him "Sit down Miss Lawson and stop behaving like a brat" "No thanks, I rather stand" "Okay then, what has been bringing you here?" he said "Why are you suing Lawson and Associates? you won the court case why do you still want to drag my firm to court?" she said "I'm glad you finally asked" he stands and goes to where she is "You see, we can work this out so i won't jeopardize your career, since you are no more a kid, I want you to be one of my concubines, I like vibrant, tough and beautiful young women like you, they make me explode, so according to the famous musician Iyanya, just give me your waist and I will make Lawson and Associates a brand home and abroad" she spits on his face "You are just a bunch of disgust, you can go ahead with your lawsuit, I rather give up my career than waste my time with a bad breathed, stinking old pig like you" She walks out of the office and slams the door hard behind her. "That is why I love her" Chief Badmus said smiling as he wiped his face. ................................................................................ Simi is walking round the house looking at everything, nothing has changed, her picture with Ejiro is still hanging on the wall, she stares at it for a few minutes then throws it on the floor, breaking the frame, she throws herself on the ground and starts crying "Ejiro why us?, why me?, all for a few moments of pleasure, why did you come into my life in the first place" she said screaming and crying loudly, she picks up her phone and dials a number "Hello....yes....I lied please I need you people to come over..I'm not okay. ................................................................................ "Mandy, you are so wild, I can't believe your idea of live and let live is bringing us to the club" Ego said as she, Tamuno, Mandy and Simi make their way into the club, Wizkid's "Jaiye Jaiye" is blasting loud on the speakers as the people show off their skills on the dance floor, Mandy whispers something into the ear of one of the bouncers as he directs them to a place where they sit, just near the bar. "The music is so loud" Simi complains putting her head down on the table, Tamuno pinches her so hard that she raises her head up immediately "At least, I didn't have to do that job myself" Mandy said "Simi just relax and get in the music, Simi baby loke loke" Ego said to her singing along to the music, Mandy and Tamuno also join her, Simi starts smiling. "Okay, you know what, screw whatever, tonight I'm having fun" she said "So let me start by taking shots" "Wow, that's deep" Tamuno said "Then let the drinks start rolling" Mandy said signaling to the bartender who comes over to them "So what do I offer the most beautiful ladies in the house" he said "I will have a martini shaken not stirred with a cherry, both" Mandy points at Ego and Tamuno "Will have a martini stired with lime, Ego spell Ejiro" "Why" Ego said "Just do it" Mandy said "Okay, E-J-I-R-O, Ejiro" "That's five letters right? Give this pretty" she said pointing at Simi "Five shots of vodka" "Isn't that too much for her?" he said "No" Simi said "So you better start rolling up then". ............................................................................. After some minutes of their chatting and drinking, Simi is already drunk and laughing wildly, suddenly a guy starts making an announcement "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to today's special, a night for the ladies, and we have a special appearance by DJ EXCLUSIVE!!!!!! People start shouting, he immediately starts spinning his wheels, Banky W's "Jasi" is on the speakers, people go wild and start tearing up the dance floor "That's my beat, I just can't miss this" Ego said standing up to go to the dance floor "Me too" Mandy said standing up "Tamuno watch Simi, she is dead drunk" "Won't be a problem, you all know my poor dance skills" she said as they left for the dance floor, after a while a young guy walks up to Tamuno and Simi "Hello ladies, I'm sorry to disturb but excuse me" he said looking at Simi "Are you Simisola Adeniyi? Simi looks at him like one who is lost "Yes she is" Tamuno said "Any problem Mr?" "Sorry if I'm intruding, I'm Deji Kojo, we grew up in the same neighbour hood" he said smiling as he extended a handshake, but the girls look at him perplexed "Okay, I will be on my way now" he said to them embarrassed as he walks away. "You know him?" Tamuno asks Simi "Not a clue" Simi said, Tamuno's phone beeps, it is a message "Thought this will never come, sorry for disturbing Dr Sani, you are needed in cardiology and you aorta come right now, can't believe he used the word aorta" she said after reading out the text "Like you don't use arteries in a sentence" Simi said to her, Ego and Mandy come back from the dance floor "Just in time, I aorta have to go" Tamuno said "You are getting more strange, what do you mean?" Ego said "Need to go to the hospital, I have a surgery right about now, thank God I controlled my liquor, take care, will call you guys tomorrow" "Alright, Bye" they said as she leaves the club. "I need to use the powder room" Mandy said, as she makes her way to the ladies, two huge looking men block her way "What is it?" "Chief Badmus wants to see you" one said to her "Oh really, well tell him I'm busy, and how did he even know I'm here in the first place?" One carries her up on his shoulder, and takes her out of the club through another way, Mandy struggles effortlessly to get down, he finally puts her down as they reach the car park, opens the door of a car and shoves her inside, shutting the door, A guy is on the drivers seat, he turns towards her and pulls out a gun "You will follow me quietly to see the chief, if you still refuse, our men inside will take care of your friends" he said pointing the gun at her "I need to send a text so they won't worry about me" she said "Type and show me, I will send it myself, I know how smart you can be" he said. Mandy types the text and shows him "I had a slight headache, so i decided to head home, took a taxi, will call you later" he reads out the text and sends it "You are a big girl, you use the latest Iphone model" he said as he switches off the phone "Why will you do that?" Mandy said "Protocol" he said as he drives off. ................................................................................ "Seriously? What a girl" Ego said as she looks at the text sent to her, Simi is already sleeping "Oh I need to pee" Ego said "Simi, wake up" "Aww, stop shoving me" Simi said "Look i need to pee, will be back very soon, stay alert and don't go anywhere" "Like I have somewhere to go" Simi said still not sure of where she is. Ego goes into the ladies, after five minutes, she comes out only to find Simi gone "Excuse me" she said to the bartender "Oh, you, your friend need more shots?" He said "No, but did you see the one taking the shots, with a blonde weave?" "Yes, but she left a few minutes ago with a guy" "What? A guy? Where did they go? Ego said "Outside...." Ego rushes out of the club immediately and runs straight to the car park hoping to see her inside the car, but she isn't "oh no, this is not happening, Simi! Simi!" She shouts her name hoping Simi will hear her and come out......but she doesn't. ......................................................................... "If it isn't the vibrant lady" Chief Badmus said as Mandy walks in with the guy, he gives the chief her phone "Please sit and feel at home" he said to her "So you kidnap people too?" Mandy said "It's the only way I can get you to come see me" he said smiling showing off his burnt set of teeth. "I need my answer now, I'm a very impatient man, and I guess you will need your phone back, but only when i get a positive answer to my earlier request" he said "I need to pee first, that is what i wanted to do before your dogs stopped me" she said "Joe" he called the guy "Yes boss" "Show her the convenience". Mandy follows him, he points to a room which she enters, the inside has five doors but one is written "Out of Service" she decides to use one, as soon as she is done she comes out but starts hearing noises coming from inside the "out of service", she opens it only to find four children bundled and gagged, immediately they see her, they start mumbling something like "Help me" but in a weak tone "Oh My God" Mandy said as she felt hot tears rush down her eyes "What sort of man is this, children, packed like sardines in a toilet?" She raises up her dress a bit, a band is strapped to her lap, she opens the zip lock and brings out a phone, she switches it on, takes some pictures of the children and switch off "I will come back and get you people, i promise" she said. .............................................................................. "What is taking her so long, which one is she using, the one upstairs? he asks Joe "No, the one down sir" "What, have you forgotten what i kept there, do you think she is stupid? Now go to that place before she does anything stupid". Joe rushes back to the place immediately. Will Mandy be caught? What sort of business man is Chief Badmus? Who is the mystery man that left with Simi? Find out next week as Lame Red continues......and please like the Lame Red facebook page for questions and info at www.facebook.com/Lamered. Thanks and stay blessed

1 comment:

  1. Wow,the more I read, τ̅ђε̲̣̣ more I wanna knw more,ongee wat'r u up to,dis is nice,it shud b put into an act,like movie series.its goin to b a classic.kinda reminds ♍ε̲̣̣ of single ladies buh different in a way.lookin forward to nxt week's episode.

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading