Wednesday, December 25, 2013

SEASON ONE : EPISODE FOUR : JINGLE BELL CHILLS ; CHAPTER THREE: FARE THEE WELL

Friends and well wishers of Chief Dede Badmus are gathered at the cemetery for the burial ceremony, his wife, kids, workers, friends are all over the place, Mandy arrives the cemetery with Simi "Thanks for coming with me" she said to Simi "Is nothing, Tamuno and Ego would have, but today is a working day, so is not a big deal" Simi said, they decide to talk to his wife "I'm so sorry for your loss Mrs Badmus, I'm Miss Mandy Lawson, and this is my friend Miss Simisola Adeniyi" Mandy said "Oh, you are the lawyer that convicted him, don't worry I don't blame you" she said to Mandy "I knew Dede had changed when he left I and the kids in Texas, he hardly visits us, I almost filed for a divorce before this happened, imagine, I'm to give the eulogy, how can I, when he became a stranger" she said almost at the brink of tears "Just say what is from your heart and God will see you through" Simi said, her son walks up to them "Sorry for disturbing" he said, he whispers something into his mother's ear "I'm sorry ladies, thanks for being here, will take my leave now" she leaves with her son, Mandy and Simi decides to sit, the officiating minister starts "We are gathered here today to pay our final respects to Chief Mr Dede Titus Badmus, who was a father, a friend, a brother, a husband to all of us gathered here today" he continues with his sermon, Mandy is searching around the crowd to see if she can find anyone that looks suspicious "What are you doing?" Simi said in a low tone "Looking for anyone who might look like he is in the wrong place' Mandy said "I knew coming to this place was more than paying last respects, Mandy, you can't play detective, this is dangerous, some one died" Simi said "I'm being careful". The sermon is over, the Chief's wife goes forward to give the eulogy, she seems shaky "Dede Badmus was a man who had great respect and love for what he believed in, he stood for it, but most times, what you do is not enough and the greed of man creeps in, I don't know what he got himself involved in, but the man i know, will never do such, because he loved his family, he cherished his kids, he makes sure they have all they want, he never puts them to shame. He may have deviated from what he stood for but what we will always hold dear to our hearts, is the man we knew him to be and I pray he rests in perfect peace" she comes down crying, her eldest son stands to help her. Soon the ceremony is over..................................................... William Shakespare once said "the miserable have no other medcine but only hope, with hope the family of Chief Badmus will rise above the storm, hoping that nothing falls out of place. If you died today, what will you be remembered for? Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year ahead. To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading