Saturday, August 23, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE ONE: HUMBLE BEGINNINGS: CHAPTER FIVE; HOW MANY DRINKS TILL CHAOS?

Mandy is in the office tidying up some things "seems like you have a lot going on" she looks up to see Simi standing by the door "hey you" she hugs her "finally a friendly face, how was the honeymoon?" "I'm not here to talk about my honeymoon, how come you are sharing the office with Mike? I saw someone in yours and she directed me to you, bitchy huh?" "Its a long story, the board is probing me because of my involvement with Dave, I thought when I will be back the whole thing will be over" Mandy sobs silently "Hey! Get a hold of yourself, you don't run away from problems, now you are back, fix it, fix whatever went wrong with Ego and Tamuno because now they are pissed at me for siding you, I don't know what went wrong this last three months but things have to be great, starting with you coming to the club with me tonight!" Simi said "No, I don't think I can" "Yes you can, remember when you dragged me yourself, the girls will be there we can bond and share gossip, you can also tell be about the bitch in your office" they both laugh "thanks Simi, its never the same without you "You welcome, by the way, nice hair". .................................................................... They girls are in the club, sitting by the bar and having a nice time. Mandy raises her glass to toast "A toast to the most awesome friends I've ever met, from me saying I'm sorry, to Simi wishing her a happy married life over again, to Tamuno on her promotion and to Ego for refusing to take a much better job" "What? I want to but I'm just confused about how Beenie will feel" Ego said "You mean the not talking to you Beenie because you got a lawyer for Sophie and went for her trial" Tamuno said "Well he is over their, go and face your problems" Mandy points to where Beenie, Deji and Olika are having a drink "Okay I will, wish me luck" Ego stands and leaves "Well about my promotion, I've been feeling awkward about it, you know I got close on Mrs Roberts, they cut me off" Tamuno said "if getting close hasn't taught you anything remember me, I've not recovered from that incident, be thankful they gave you a souvenir" Mandy said "Speaking of the souvenir, I have to go, bye, have fun" "Bye" Tamuno leaves. Simi's phone starts ringing "Hello, what? Is she okay, I'm on my way" "what is it?" Mandy said "Aunt Bisi is in the hospital, I need to leave" "I'm coming with you" "Wait for Ego when she is done you can come, bye" Simi hurriedly leaves. .................................................................... "I know we have been in a weird place since, so I just came to tell you that I'm leaving, I got a job at Resplendent" Ego said to Beenie "Good for you" he said "Really? That's all?" "What else, like you said we are in a weird place, this should set you free, excuse me" he leaves her standing there, Mandy walks up to her "Are you set?" Mandy said "Yes, let's leave, this was a mistake". Mandy's phone buzzes, she looks at it to see an email, it reads "why did you run?" she shuts it down immediately "why do you look petrified?" Ego said "Nothing, let's go" .................................................................... Simi is in the hospital with her aunt "Why did you not tell me you are sick?" "I'm sorry, didn't want to spoil your honeymoon, I have breast cancer and they say I have few weeks to live" "What? Breast cancer! Oh my God, Aunt Bisi why didn't you tell me? Now I have just few weeks to see you?" Simi said in tears "Let's leave the tears aside, I need to you to do something for me before I die, I have a son, and I need you to find him for me" .................................................................... The paths of life we tend to walk in, can get complicated, how do we find balance when it throws us off guard? What is Mandy running from? How will Ego handle her friendship with Beenie? How will Tamuno adjust to her new job position? How will Simi find Aunt Bisi's son? Find out more next week, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading