Tuesday, December 23, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE THIRTEEN: REDEMPTION: CHAPTER ONE: INSOMNIA


She keeps pacing round the airport, waiting at the arrivals for him to show up, the memories of what happened keeps replaying in her head, a lot of unanswered questions, who are they? What has she done this time? Could it be that she was never done with Oregun and his gang? 

He finally emerges from the crowd, smiling as he approached her, she walks towards him and hugs him tightly 
"Hey you, long time no see" she said to him 
"I'm sorry I only called when I was done with rehab, there was a zero tolerance in contacting the outside world" 
He looks at her and takes note of the dark circles round her eyes, she looked like one who hasn't slept in days
 "Ego, are you okay?"
 "Yes I am fine, just that work has been something else, I never get a break these days"
She tries to cover up but he doesn't look convinced
 "You can tell me, after all you've done for me, I have to help you if you are in trouble, are they still coming for you?"
 "No! No, look Beenie, this is not the time or place, obviously a lot happened when you went away, I will tell you everything, you have to trust me" 



 Tamuno, Mandy, Henry and his lawyer Mr Patrick are in the conference room of Mandy's firm, they are all trying to settle the disagreement 
"The only way we are going to settle this if your client hands over the files my client requires to get the hospital out of the already made mess" 
Patrick points at Tamuno who just sits with her arms folded
 "That will never happen, nice try Patrick, I sued your client for trying to break the confidentiality clause and also trying to set my client up" 
Mandy speaks up in her defense
"Well it won't be a set up if your client had done her job well, instead of passing it up to another person, isn't that what it takes to be a surgeon, Dr Sani? Didn't you know what it takes before you even attempted studying surgery?"
 Tamuno opens her mouth to talk but Mandy cuts her short
 "You don't have to answer that, look we are trying to be on mutual grounds here, exposing whatever is in that file will get messy for everyone, not just her, because no matter what you think, Ms Roberts will go all out, it will be a collateral damage" 
"It is a risk I am willing to take, she is breathing fire down my neck, I can't keep up with the charade, we will go bankrupt" 
Dr Henry said, looking straight at Tamuno hoping she could have a change of heart
 "Do what you need to do" Tamuno said getting up
"What?" Mandy looks at her in surprise 
"Mandy, I'm sorry but I can't, how do you think I sleep at night when I know an innocent woman is still suffering from what I did, I have to redeem myself"
She starts sobbing, Mandy holds her hand 
"I refuse to believe that we have lost" she turns to Patrick and Henry "Is there a way we can go ahead with this without implicating my client?" 
"We will explore all options, but I am not promising anything yet, except...... she meets with the woman in question, makes an open confession, then unites mother and child, that way maybe she won't press charges, just maybe" Mr Patrick said
 "Whatever it takes, I'm ready"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading