Friday, December 19, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE TWELVE: CONNECTING: CHAPTER THREE: MAKING HAY IN THE RAIN

She walks into the office hastening her steps before anyone detects she took an early lunch break, before she could make her way into her office, Yewande stops her right on her track
 "And where are you coming from? This is work hour not happy hour"
She starts to tremble like a leaf in the harmattan, not sure of what to say, what lie to tell
"Uhmm....I....It...was an emergency, I had to excuse myself for a couple of minutes" she stuttered avoiding eye contact
"Really? Looked more like a couple of hours, if it was really an emergency, why didn't you tell me and what was the emergency?"
"It is very personal, please I don't want to share, I'm sorry it won't happen again"
She still avoids staring at her, like her looks could almost pierce into her soul
 "Fine, just so you know, we pay by the hour, since your name means 'money' I just hope you understand the pure value, you are spared, but next time, Ego, I won't be this lenient".


 Yinka comes in to find Yedire and Thelma chatting in the sitting room
 "Hey you are back" Thelma smiles at the sight of him
 "Yes and you are leaving" he goes over to her and drags her gently to the door
 "It was nice meeting you Yedire"
She calls after her before they are both outside, he shuts the door
"What were you even thinking? How did you find my house?"
"Calm down, well I snooped around, it wasn't much of snooping because most people in school had your address, and was surprised I didn't, they were glad to share, when did you even plan on telling me"
She looks at him, deeply, wishing he could understand how she felt
"Well since you asked, I never planned on sharing, so I want you to leave and never come back here, I thought about what you said, I forgive you but there is no room anymore, you are heartless, you think about only yourself, and now things are better for me, you want to come back? Too bad, your timing is always bad"
He looked back at her in dismal, his eyes filled with anger and fury
"Its because of her isn't it? The crippled girl, I don't blame you, you always want a damsel in distress, you were never man enough to fight for anything, you couldn't even have the courage to fight for me when I left, you are a coward"
"Here I am thinking that I can take back my word when I called you heartless, but I won't because that's what you are, she might be crippled, but she is more than what you will ever be, goodbye Thelma"


 Tamuno barges into Mandy's office panting, interrupting her meeting with Mike
"I guess its time for me to leave, I will come back, maybe"
 Mike leaves the office, Mandy stares at her with her hands wide apart, and her eyes almost popping out of its socket
"What the hell was that? Where you being chased by a dog?"
"If it was a dog, it would have been so much better, I'm being chased by my past, its going to get ugly, and I need a lawyer".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading