Monday, December 29, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE THIRTEEN: REDEMPTION: CHAPTER FIVE; UNDERCOVER

"You think you can just get away with what you have done, Wale after everything"
 Beenie rushes over to hit him but the policemen prevents him from doing so, they are both at the station in handcuffs, bruised all over, their clothes torn apart, Wale keeps looking at him with no guilt whatsoever. 
Ego rushes in immediately shocked at the sight of them
 "What is going on? You two are grown men not babies" she shouts at them in fury "
Madam who are you?" A policeman addresses her
"I'm Miss Geoffrey, I was called on the phone to come here" 
"Oh, so you are the bone of contention" the other policeman said 
"Don't mind her if only she had kept her big mouth shut!" 
Wale said looking at her in rage 
"My dear come with me, the Inspector will see you now".

 She walks into the Inspector's office, he is busy sorting out some file cases
"Miss Geoffrey, we meet again, please sit down" Inspector Anthony said
 "Thank you, I am so sorry about all that, I will pay for the bail"
 "That's not why I called you, though they will both spend a night in the cell and Mr Wale might get jail time for fraud, that's if Mr Benjamin is ready to press charges, but I have been trying to capture Oregun, and I might need your help" 
She looks at him in surprise 
"My help, why?" 
"I was told you had a run in with a member of his gang, about the money they said you should pay but you didn't, I want you to call them and make a deal"
 "Call them? You want me to be a mole?I'm sorry but I can't" 
She stands to leave 
"Miss Geoffrey, if you don't, they will keep haunting you till you give in, take this as a way of breaking free, helping people get out of the tyranny of this gang" 
She stands still, confused and lost, she has never done anything dangerous, she has always been the scared little cat, maybe it was time to make a change 
"Okay, what do you want me to do" 


 She walks into the office to find him pacing round the room
 "You called me" 
She said looking straight into his face, trying to understand why he was pacing round and round continuously
 "Yes please Dr. Sani, don't mind what I'm doing, I always do that when I want to clear my head" he sits, she does the same 
"I called you here because I needed to hear your opinion as my second, I want to set up a press conference and announce to the people all that Ms Roberts had done, explain to them that it is all in the past" 
She looks at him with her eyes wide open and her mouth agape
"I know its a big risk, but I'm willingly to take it, that's what a leader should do" he said 
"You are right, I thought about it too, no matter how we stall, it will get out one way or the other, I am fully in your support" she said
 "That's a relief, thank you so much" 
She stands to leave the office, she reaches the door but stops, then turns towards him
 "Maybe we could even get the testimony of those we helped, to lessen the haul that will be thrown at us, we are matching into battle" she smiles at him
 "Spirit fingers and brains, you make a perfect combination of yourself" he teases her
 "Ha! You admitted I have brains, not a bad start, we might like each after all" she winks at him then leaves the office 


 Ego is alone in her sitting room, fumbling her phone, her heartbeat becomes unsteady, she takes in a deep breath and dials a number. It rings for a while, then a husky tone speaks from the other end 
"Finally, we were thinking about sending a second signal" 
"I'm ready to pay the money, but this time I want a face to face with Oregun, let's call it a buy in, I'm ready to do business, real business" she said sounding as convincing as possible
 "Hmm, well I will relay the information, we will keep in touch" he hangs up.
 She breathes out in relief and places the phone on the table
"This had better work out or I'm screwed"  


Napoleon Hill once wrote "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Whatever we set out to do, no matter how hard or what the consequences may be, once it is the right thing to do, everything will find a way to work out..........Eventually. 

To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading