Wednesday, December 24, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE THIRTEEN: REDEMPTION: CHAPTER TWO: THE ENCOUNTER

Simi and Lola are leaving the hospital, they are both walking hand in hand
"Thank you for keeping me company during my check up"
Simi rested her head on her shoulder as they walk to the car park
"Its no big deal, it was quite lonely for me during my time and you need all the help you can get, so tell me how is the clique, Mandy the mean girl, Tamuno the brainiac, Ego the pen and petrified" they both laugh loudly
 "Wow you really didn't forget, besides you always taunted us, especially Mandy, she is nothing compared to you"
They approach the car, Lola opens the door and helps her get into the passengers seat, before she walks over and enters the car
"Seriously I was a big meanie, but motherhood changes everything, though I take it out on Jaiye most times, I really want to catch up since I won't be going back to London"
Simi turns to look at her
"Why? Are you all planning on relocating to Lagos? I thought Teju hated the traffic here?"
 "He does, still do, its complicated"
 She tries to start the car but Simi holds on to her hand
 "What is it? You can tell me anything"
Her mood changes, she bends her head and wipes the tear from her left eye, sniffing severally, fighting hard to hold back the tears
 "I'm getting a divorce, Teju chose someone else, I used to think he was my one true love, but he said he has found his soul mate, how is that even possible? How do I tell Jaiye that he will see his father only when he needs to not when he wants to, that's if I win the custody battle"
She starts weeping uncontrollably, Simi hugs her, using her handkerchief to wipe her tears
 "Don't worry, everything will be just fine, I promise you, it is not the end of your world, just believe me, you will be fine"



 "How could he! I trusted him with my life! My money! Everything!"
Beenie keeps pacing round the room in rage
 "Please calm down and sit, we can sort the whole thing out, just talk to him"
Ego tries to calm him
"Talk? Did I hear you say talk? I feel like punching him on the face! I don't feel like, that's exactly what I will do"
"I already feel bad, I just had to tell you because a lot has been going on, really wanted to bad to ease myself of one burden, please don't make me regret telling you"
He looks at her in shock
"Really? You should be more concerned on who tried to run you down, come to think of it, he suggested that I see Oregun, this just got interesting"
He picks up his phone and car keys, as he tries to leave she blocks him
"I don't want to push you"
"I'm sorry but you have to" he carries her up and places her on the couch then rushes out as fast as he could
 "Sorry it came to that!" He shouted
"Really?"


 She stood at the door of the flat with trembling hands, she knocks twice then waits hoping no one answers the door, as she turns to leave the door opens
"Hello, I hope this is not an intrusion, I'm here to see....."
 "Dr Sani? Wow its been a long time, too bad I never forgot your face, please come in"
The young frail looking woman ushered her into the house, then closed the door after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading