Sunday, December 21, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE TWELVE: CONNECTING: CHAPTER FOUR; AN OPEN BOOK

"Okay just calm down and tell me everything, why do you need a lawyer? What did you do?"
 The room is quiet, the only thing that makes a sound is their breathing, she takes in a deep breathe, lets it out and raises her head
"I should have known, she has always been up to something, on May 26 2008, a pregnant woman went into early labor, she was in pains, we didn't know for sure what made it so painful, we had to operate immediately, I couldn't do it, I wasn't perfect in that field, I was always scared, but Ms Roberts always saved me, telling me to take my time to learn, in other to avoid casualties, so she went in for me, with her team. At the end of the day, they said she had fibroid, it was massive and had begun to tear her fallopian tube, I can't forget the look on the woman's face, she kept insisting that she was pregnant, we took her baby. It got worse, we had to put her in a mental facility, if only I had the courage to carry out a common caesarian operation, her baby will be all grown up, but Ms Roberts did what she does best, selling babies, that woman has no soul"
 Tamuno wiped the tears from her eyes and sneezed into the handkerchief, Mandy looked at her with pity
"So you can't arrest her, convict her for her crimes?"
 "We all signed a confidentiality agreement, the board is handling it quietly, if this goes out, everyone will demand for our head on a plate, they won't believe that some of us are innocent, the hospital will be shut down and all our license will be revoked"
Mandy paced around the room, before she moves to her chair and sits
 "So what changed now? Why are you the only one taking the fall?"
"Dr Will Henry has been the one paying off Ms Roberts, but she keeps asking for more, she is blackmailing us, so he wants to use that particular incident to build a case against her, to make it seem like they just found out about it"
"Even if he succeeds, what makes you think she won't talk?"
 "Well if she does, she stands to loose a lot of money and more cases will be built against her, in fact I don't know, that's why I need your help"
She covers her face with her palm, like she is trying to hide the shame
"Don't worry T, I do one thing best and that is winning all my cases, I just want to know, do you have the file of that surgery?"
"Well there is one thing I am not, stupid" She opens her bag, brings out the file and hands it over to Mandy who smiles cunningly
"Excellent! Now we can have fun"


Yinka enters the sitting room, Yedire is busy with her phone, she doesn't raise her head, she just keeps it down
 "That was awkward, but please next time, don't just let people in, they might not be who they say they are"
 "She didn't look harmful to me" she still keeps her head down
 "Trust me you don't want to know about that girl, when next she comes don't even let her in, she can........"
 "I don't want to get in the middle of it, I'm not your housekeeper" she looks straight at him
 "Ok fine, let's keep it that way" he said
"Good, but she is cute though, you might consider a second chance"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading