Friday, November 20, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE EIGHT: NOTHING BUT TROUBLE





Peggy retrieved the files from the receptionist table and made her way into the office lounge only to come face to face with Mandy. 

"Peggy,  I need the files on the last case Mr Lawson worked on, need to update something for him" she said
"Okay, I will check the inventory"

She tried to pass but she stood in front of her. 

"One more thing, have you by any chance seen Mike?  I asked an associate and he said he was last seen in your office"
"My office? Okay that was when he came to ask for something, can't even remember what it was, is there a problem?" she covered up wishing she hadn't done that.
"He has some documents that I need to be signed, and it's almost time for my meeting"
"I have no idea, maybe he went on court rounds or Mr Barrington called him"
"Why do I get this feeling that you I covering for him?" Mandy asked looking straight into her eyes for a sign or even a flicker but she was dealing with a pro.
"Me? Why should I? I barely even know the guy"
"If you find him, tell him to report to my office, immediately!"

She turned and walked straight into her office. Peggy retrieved her phone and dialed Mike's number. 

"I'm going to kill him" she said as soon as she heard the dial tone.


He wiped his eyes severally before he could make out where he was, it was Guciano's house, he almost thought he was halfway to the island. 

"Oh my God! I'm in deep trouble!"

He picked up his phone 

"Yoo Pegs, howdy?"
"Are you dumb or something? Tell me you are on the 12th floor"
"Nope, I'm still on the mainland" he sniffed
"You are an idiot! Do you realize that you could get in real trouble like get fired" she shouted and he could feel the shrillness of her voice pierce through his skull. 
"Calm down Peggy,  you are screaming! My head hurts" he rubbed his forehead 
"Get back here or don't blame me for what happens next"

She hung up 

"She always does that" he said to himself.

 He struggled to get up, throwing his bag over his shoulder. Guciano was snoring loudly on his sofa, he tapped him severally but he doesn't budge. 
"Guy, your door, I'm off" 
"No wahala" he continued sleeping as he left the house, shutting the door behind him. 




She handed him a cup of warm milk as he sat down on a chair in the office kitchen. 

"Thank you" he said as he took a sip
"Don't sip, drink it all up or you still will be super high" she said 

He took the cup to his mouth and swallowed up the contents in one gulp. Her face puckered and suddenly she busted out laughing. 

"What?" he asked confused 
"What exactly were you thinking? Smoking weed with Guciano"
"He wouldn't let me leave until I do it, I'm this close to get that patent don't want to mess it all up"
"A simple no would have sufficed, it's not like he would put a gun to your head"
"I was desperate, I am desperate. I hate when I give people my word and I fail"
"What exactly do you have to prove? This seems personal to you"
"I..." he is interrupted as his phone rang "Hold that thought, hello"
"Hi Mike, it's Biodun, I'm in the board room with Mandy and they are seriously badgering me about the files, you said you would fix it, where are you?"
"She said noon, and it's" he looked at his watch "past noon! Just hang on I'm on my way, trust me" he hung up "I got to go get the patent I'm super late" he rushed off
"Wait, you don't have it yet? What have you been doing... " she called out after him but he was already out the door.

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading