Monday, November 16, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE SIX; RESCUE MISSION



He was very sure he set the alarm to 6:00am and was surprised that he tossed for some minutes but still it didn't ring. He was really exhausted from surfing the internet and reading a bunch of books for an idea he could use to help Biodun. Suddenly he decided to check his clock, it was 7:06am.
"Holy shit!"
He exclaimed as he sprang up from the bed.
 "I am definitely late in law time"


He rushed into the office possibly avoiding Mr Barrington or anyone that would query him for his lateness. He needed to work on Biodun's case before Mandy discovered that the files were not on her table and as he feared she stood at the door her expression motionless and stern.



"Why didn't I see the files on my table?" she raved
"Good morning" he greeted as he thought of what to say.
"Keep that to yourself!" she barked to his amazement.
"Uhmm I'm still working on it"
"What does that mean? I gave you a simple task, get him to sign the documents and return it to me! I should have just done it myself!" she cursed
"He declined and I don't blame him for doing so" he said and she snorted
"This is the real world and no one cares if he invented a time machine! That offer is the best he can get whether he likes it or not. For the last time I need those files before noon, whatever tricks you have up your sleeves, pull them out and get him to sign the damn thing!"

She brushed past him and stormed down the corridor to her office.

He entered the cubicle and set his things on his table. He sat down for a while, there has to be someone who would help him with his plan before noon. Of course! Why didn't he think of her? He flung his suitcase over his shoulder and rushed out of the room.

Peggy was busy working on her computer when he walked up to her.

"Hi Peggy" he flashed a smile at her "You look really pretty today"
"Cut the crap,  what do you want?" she looked up at him
"Why do you think I want something? Can't I just compliment a coworker?" he played dumb
"No you can't. In this place, everyone wants something from someone, what's your angle?"
"Okay you got me. I need to file for a patent, how do I go about it?" he asked
"A patent? Those things take like two days, three tops"
"But I need one today before noon" he said disappointed
"I also need a Ferrari before Christmas, we can't always get what we want can we?" she continued with her work
"Please, I know you can help me, please" he pleaded
"Just because you are good looking with a Banky W shave, you think you can bat you eyes and I would help?" he looked straight into her eyes making sure he didn't break contact. "Fine I would help" she tore out a piece of paper and scribbled down something before handing it to him.
"Go down to the 12th floor, that's the Tech department, ask for Rex the Best, give that note to him. Don't peep at it!  He would know who it came from and by the way, don't breathe a word of this to anyone, ever!"
"Thank you Pegs,  I owe you big time!" he rushed out in excitement
"Don't even think about it, you can't pay up" she called out after him


To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading