Monday, November 30, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE FOURTEEN: ONE BEGETS THE OTHER








She walked into the reception and marveled at the great taste in its design and choice of colors . Unlike most law firms it had life and like the furnishings she knew the lawyers would also be vibrant. 
She walked to the receptionist but was stopped in her tracks by a young lady who she thought looked like a Christmas decoration.

"O! M! G! Ngozi Anya, of all places in the world I see you in my work place. It's a Christmas miracle!" she screamed in glee.
"Wow it really looks like Christmas in here, uhmmm you are?"
"Peggy Ovrie, I am the secretary to the boss. Are you setting up a company? Or are you looking for a legal representation or whatever it is you models do? Or are you looking for a divorce attorney?" she said the words all at once to her surprise. 
"What? I am not married or getting a divorce, where did you hear that?" she asked in shock. 
"You know, blogs, they said you had a secret wedding. So if you are not getting divorced, you need a lawyer for your business or are you in trouble? Did you commit fraud?"
"Now hold on! You ask too many questions, I am here to see Mike where can I find him?"

Peggy busted into a wild laughter and she was startled by her outburst. 

"Is something wrong?"
"Wait are you serious? Mike? Mike Obieze? Wow he is the real MVP I give it up for him, seems like everyone loves the clean shave but come to think of it, are you not above his league?"
Her mouth flung open and she looked at her in wonder of if she would ever shut up. 

"There you are, people were saying Ngozi Anya is with Peggy at the reception, Peggy I can see you have introduced yourself" 

Mike walked up to were they stood and looked straight at Peggy, hoping she got the signal that it was time for her to leave.

"Wow, now I understand why Mandy calls you Magic Mike, you landed Ngozi Anya!" she said 
"It's not what you think, she is helping me with a case now off you go, thanks for your support"

He took her by her hand and led her away to the lounge. He stood until she entered her office then he turned back to her. 

"That was awkward, is she always like that?" she asked 
"Worse, let's go before someone else decides to stop for a chit chat"

They sat at a cafe, sharing jokes whilst they sipped their drink slowly. Everyone that passed by looked at Mike in a weird way and back at Ngozi.

"Seems like no one approves of me staying next to you" he said
"Why did you say that?"
"Everyone that looks at me like, what in God's name is she doing with that guy, who is he"
"Just ignore them. So Mike, I guess you have been friendly enough, let's face business. What do you need my help with?"
"Do you know Ronke Bidemi?"
"Yes I do, but we are not close, we just did some jobs together" she said rather nonchalantly.
,"Did she do anything bad to you?" he asked
"Not at all, everyone knows I'm a solo person, don't do cliques, don't do friends, it's just me"
"I need to find her, she is about to get served from my firm. I'm working for Ms Philips"

She looked at him with her brows raised at the mention of the name.

"Seriously, that bitch!" his eyes widened as he heard her curse loudly "Sorry about my language but I loathe her in fact I'm not sorry"
"But you were at her agency for a photoshoot"
"Not invited by her. Whatever it is you have on Ronke, trust me you are backing up the wrong client"
"I thought as much because there are a lot of loopholes to what she is saying"

She took a long sip from her drink, grabbed her purse and stood.

"Let's go"
"To where?"
"Don't you want to see Ronke? Let's go"


She knocked severally on the door of the apartment and after a while the door flung open.
"Ngozi? What are you doing here?" Ronke looked at them in surprise.
"Can I come in?"

She hesitated for a while and paved for them to pass.

"Ok"

She ushered them into the living room.

"This is Mike, he has something for you" Ngozi said as she sat down.
"I'm sorry Miss Bidemi, you have been served"

He pushed the envelope to her, she took it from him and retrieved the contents with shaky hands.

"By whom? If this is about what I did I said I'm sorry" she said to Ngozi
"Not me silly, Ms Philips" she whispered the name
"That bitch!"
"I said the same thing" Ngozi mocked
"Well I don't understand the constant use of that particular language, just doing my job. Go through it Miss, if you have a lawyer better, my firm's contact address is provided on the paper, we can set up a meeting so we can negotiate, have a nice day"
"There is no negotiation! I've had it up to here so confidentiality clause or not I'm taking her down. Sade Phillips is a madame she knows I can prove it and that's why she is doing this"


To be continued.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading