Saturday, November 21, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE NINE: PATENTING



"What took you so long clean shave?" Rex said to him as he sat on the chair.
"I had a moment with your brother, and don't call me that" he said
"So he got you to smoke that?  Damn! Now I owe him five bucks"
"Wait?  Did you set me up?"
"Didn't know you would fall for it, you are really desperate. Anyway here is your patent"

He pushed the piece of paper to him. He looked at it and was shocked to see an official signature on it.
"How did you get it approved this fast?" he asked
"They don't call me Rex the Best for no reason. Let's just say a lot of people owe me a lot of favors"
"Thank you Rex, you saved a life today"



They were already in the meeting room when Mike barged in, sitting in the room was Mandy, Biodun, and lawyers from Nelson Farms.

"Who is this?" the male lawyer said, Mike recognized him from the court room. 
"His my assistant, Mike where are the files?" Mandy said to him 
"I'm actually here with something better" he dropped the patent on the table. 
"That is the patent to Mr Bankole's auto tractor" he forwarded it to the lawyer. 
"What's the meaning of this?" he said as he passed it the other lawyer 
"It means I am not worth 40% after all"

Biodun smiled and gave him a thumbs up sign. Mandy just stared at him in disbelief. 

"So if you decide not to give my client 60% with additional rights we will simply take our business somewhere else, Paks and Sons, Tunji Farms, I researched on your competitors"

The lawyer whispered into the woman's ear and signed something on the paper. He handed the paper over to Mike. 
"Fine, you win this time Mr Bankole, but we agree on 55%"

"60 or nothing" Mike said 
"Okay, we will keep in touch"

They stood up and left the room. Mandy clapped repeatedly as she stood. 

"How did you think of a patent? Really brilliant of you"
"It's his prototype and someone cares if it was a time machine"
"Thank you Mike, you kept your word" they shook hands "Mandy I will like Mike to represent me from now on"
"Sure, he earned it. Bravo Magic Mike" she smiled and walked out of the room. He walked with Biodun out into the office lounge and Peggy stopped him on their way to the reception. 

"Mike, uhmm, Mr Lawson wants to see you in his office, now"
"Wait? What for?" his eyes widened in fear 
"How am I supposed to know? You are in deep trouble"

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading