Sunday, November 29, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE THIRTEEN: DIGGING DEEP




"So I was able to look at the models portfolio sent through your email and I have identified the one in question, Ronke Bidemi"

He showed her the picture of the model, she was dark skinned and wore a red bob.

"Hmm, she looks good to cause all these headache" Mandy said 
"How are we going about it? We are fighting for a client and I've not seen anything wrong in what she is doing yet, technically it's not really a case"
"It says on her contract that she can't leave the agency until after a period of ten years, she has only worked for six. It also said she can't take any client or any model to support whatever cause she wants to set up. Look it's all here" she pointed at the column on the paper "She is about to get served to me"
"But she is breaching her contract, the question is why? She knows all this yet she wants to walk, she knows she will be sued... Except she has something on Ms Philips?" 

He looked at her and she looked away, taking a sip from the glass of water in front of her

 "Mandy, what did she tell you?" he asked 

She took in a deep breath and folded her hands

"She was aware that the girl was sleeping with her investor, but she didn't do anything about it and if it gets out people will think she is a pimp. She just told her to be careful considering he is married"
"That was what she couldn't say in front of me? I smell rat"
"You know how it is for we females, we are always misunderstood. She could say it and you will insinuate on her running her agency by selling the girls to the highest bidder"
"This is not a sexist thing, she has something to hide, I just know it. We need to be very careful before she drags us down to whatever mess she made. If she wants a cheaper firm so be it"
"Seems like you are right Mike, but I really can't lose a client at this point of my career" 

She sighted a picture of Ronke and Ngozi in the portfolio and handed it over to him. 

"Looks like we could use Ngozi's help, they seem really close in this picture. Maybe we can know the reason why she wants to leave"
"That will be possible if she actually calls, and I doubt that"
"She really should, for our sakes"





She had one stop to conclude her errands for the morning and she decided to give him a call.

"I have stalled enough and I gave him my word" she said to herself as she took out the card from her purse and dialed the number. After several beeps of the dial tone, he picked up.

"Hello"
"Mike, it's Ngozi" she said
"Wow, I almost thought I won't expect this call, you know considering who you are" his voice lighted up as soon as he heard it was her.
"So, now you know, I was kind of comfortable with you not knowing, I'm used to people sulking up to me for a picture or giving their unsolicited views about my weight, speaking to you made me feel normal so I definitely owed you a call"
"Can we meet, do lunch maybe. I also need your help with a case of mine so I'm like trying to kill two birds with one stone. Is it okay?" he asked
"And he is also honest, so this case what has it got to do with me?"
"Let me just keep you in the dark for now, so you would have every reason to show up. One more thing I wish I could pick you up but I'm not yet mobile, so do you mind if... "
"Don't worry, I will pick you up myself" she cut him short and he was taken aback by her reply
"Do you always pick your dates up?" he asked
"There is a first time for everything, besides it's funny you know and also exciting. I will pick you up from work, Lawson and Associates right? How is 12pm"
"Sounds good, that's my lunch hour"
"I'll see you then, bye"


To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading