Monday, November 23, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE ELEVEN: SHE CAUGHT MY EYE



It's been two weeks since the Nelson Farms case and work had always been a normal day filled with paper works and lots of them. No one mentioned that being a level three associate came with more responsibility than expected. 

He was going through some files and matching it up on the system when Mandy leaned next to his cubicle. 


"What's up Mike, long time no see and nice working space" she said 
"Thank God you are back! I almost died from your work. How was Port Harcourt? He asked 
"Dull, to me I was able to seal the deal with the company. By the way, why are you complaining about my work killing you, isn't that what assistants are for?" 
"Sorry. Ma'am" 
"I didn't come here for a chit chat, up up you go" she snapped her fingers 
"Where to?" he asked 
"You will know when we get there and also thank me" she grinned 
"I don't understand. Are we going for court rounds?"
"Much better, we are going for some sightseeing in wonderland"



They stepped into the tastefully decorated reception of the office and walked straight to the receptionist table. 

"Hi, Ms Lawson here to see Ms Philps. I have a 9am appointment"
"Please Hold on for a second" she picked the phone and dialed "Sorry I can't get ahold of her, just come with me please"

They walked down the corridor into a large photo studio filled with models, makeup artists and some designers. Mike looked at the sight before him with his mouth agape. 

"She should be here somewhere, let me look for her" she walked away 

Mandy looked at Mike's expression and laughed. 

"Well, Well, Well Mike, welcome to modelland"
"Now I love my job" he said to himself 

The place was swamped as the girls took their photoshoot, taking turns to change some were scantily dressed, posing for the flashes of the camera. Mike looked around in admiration but one girl caught his eye.

 She was at ease, a natural she didn't force it like the others or tried to throw unnecessary poses. She was sitting on the floor with her legs stretched out in front of her. She wore a short black dress with glittery white dots and her hair complemented her facial structure. 
She struck a mean expression and he couldn't help but forget where he was just by looking at her. 
 She took note of his uneasy stare and stared right back at him, her eyes away from the camera. He froze unable to take away his eyes, she smiled flashing her well arranged dentition and he felt a cold shiver run down his spine. The receptionist came back with a woman who was robust and looked like one in her early forties. 
"Mandy it's so good to see you" she said they hug and threw kisses in the air. 
"Same here, this is my assistant Mike"
"Hmm, isn't he a cutie. Come we will talk in my office"

They walked back the same way they came, Mike turned back to have one last look at her but she wasn't there anymore. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading