Thursday, December 3, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE FIFTEEN: WE ALL NEED SAVING



He had never felt such confidence build up inside of him as he walked into the building straight down to her office admist the call from the receptionist trying to check if he had a valid appointment. He knew what he was going to say to her and he couldn't wait for her to see the look on his face and for him also to see the look on her face.

"I never thought it was possible until I witnessed it first hand. She tried to pawn me off to one of her so called investors all in the name of he had a tiring fashion show and needed a back massage" Ronke said in spite 

"What did you do?" he asked
"I sensed foul play but I couldn't imagine that she would try such. She was like a mother to all of us"
"So where is all these coming from? You trying to leave and poaching her girls?
"I know I signed a confidentiality clause, but I had to leave, whether I've stayed up to ten years or not. Other girls might be cool with selling their bodies for bigger contracts, but I prefer going one step at a time"
"So she used my firm to get you to come back, wow, now I'm pissed. I hope you are telling me the truth Ronke" he looked at her straight in the eye.
"Why on earth would I lie? I am pretty pissed to" 

She said with her eyes almost popping out of the socket.

"Did she do the same to you that made you call her a... unno" he said to Ngozi 
"Bitch? Nope, we go way back, but I knew there was something fishy about her methods. She wanted to manage me and I refused since then we have been enemies" she said 
"She just made another one"


"What is going on here?" 

She said as soon as he barged into her office with the receptionist tagging along.
"I am sorry ma, I was trying to ask if he had an appointment" she explained
"I recognize you, you came here with Mandy yesterday, is something wrong?" he kept mute "You may go" she said to the receptionist. 

As soon as she left she turned to Mike

 "Sit down"





I didn't come here to sit, let me make this quick, you are going to drop your lawsuit on Ronke Bidemi" he said head on
"Why? If it is about what I told Mandy, I knew you won't understand... "
"It's not about it" he cut in rudely "It's about you trying to use my firm to file a lawsuit based on false claims. I know in this country you could get away with anything but not when people like me are watchful, here sign this.

He dropped a bunch of files on her table

"What is that?" she looked at it

"Ronke's freedom, she has promised not to talk to anyone about your undercover prostitution ring but I can be very persuasive if you try to prove stubborn"

She nodded negatively and bit on her pencil. 

"How much do you want Mike, that's your name right? How much, so you can leave her alone. She has great potential, might even be the next Ngozi Anya, I can make that possible for her, make the two of you extremely happy"
"Now you just made matters worse, just sign that and don't force me to give my firm reasons to drop you"
"You see Mike, you are a newbie therefore you are still vulnerable and naive in this game. Soon you would do anything to be paid well for your services, you have no idea what you can do with all that power" she said 
"We will see about that, just sign the damn document" 
He realized he just swore and that really made him have an uneasy feeling about being already sucked into the power.


Joseph Lawson left the office and headed straight to his car only to be stopped by a heavily built man dressed in a suit. He directed him to a steel black tundra and opened the door for him to get in. 

"You can't keep avoiding me Joseph" 
The man inside dressed in a flowing agbada said as soon as he came in. 

"When did you come into Lagos?" he asked
"Few hours ago, I need my answer"
"I need more time"
"I've given you two weeks to ponder, I need my answer and I need it now"




"Here is your freedom" 
He handed over the envelope. They are sitting at the rooftop of a hotel bar enjoying an evening drink.
"Thanks Mike, I wish there were more men like you on this earth" Ronke said as she gave him a pat on the back. 

"Just doing my job"

"So Mike what do you say about being a lawyer to our new agency. I and Ronke talked and we decided to go ahead with Sade's proposed fake idea" Ngozi said
"Wow, so this got me new clients"
"Of course, you are stuck with me for a while"

She grinned and he smiled back. 

"How about we go on a proper date, something far from work, what do you think?"
"Did you just ask me out properly?"
"He sure did" Ronke teased
"I would like that"
"Cheers" 

They raised their glass in a toast.
"I got to get used to popping bottles after each of my cases, the good life and doing things the good way no matter the risk" he said
"No matter the risk" they both chorus
"You just gave me an idea for the new agency" Ngozi said
"Risk taking?" he joked
"No silly, it's a secret"


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading