Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mandy's Law: Episode Twenty-seven: Mr Buzz Kill



He probably had not felt that much confidence surge through him as he graced the office with his presence that morning. He missed being there, after spending a whole week at the hospital and he was indeed happy to be back"


"Hey Rose, how are you?" he greeted the receptionist all smiles 
"I'm good, welcome back Mike" she replied in a fuzzy way

"Thank you very much"

"Uhmmm, Mr Barrington has asked that you report to his office once you come in"
"Is he in already? How does he always do it? You know, be early?" he asked
"I don't know Mike, he is always early and you seem kind of upbeat this morning" she remarked in wonder of what made him so joyful.
"Really? Glad you can tell"


He winked at her and braced himself as he strolled majestically to Bello's office. 


As usual, he was his dense self, crude, staring hard at him with his fingers crossed, adding to the usual tension in the room. 


"So Mike, your one week absence has put a black hole on my case" 

He banged his fist on a stack of files which made Mike jump on his seat.

 "Here is everything you need to do before you close shop today"
"Wow, all of them?" he asked to be clear
"Do you have a problem with my methods?"
"No..n..ot really" he stuttered "I mean I just got out of the hospital, I was..."
"Not my problem, yours, now you get to work, immediately"

"Not even a single remorse" he said to himself
"What did you say?"
"Nothing, I didn't say a word "
"Good,  now be good associate and get it done"


He grabbed the files and headed for the door. 


"One more thing Mike" he turned back at him "if you really want to go far in this job, keep your sentiments, your emotions, your humanity, at the front door"


To be continued.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading