Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mandy's Law: Episode Twenty-three: Hurt one, Hurt all



"I don't know I barely remember how it happened"

He wished she would stop quizzing him on details of the attack he wanted buried and forgotten. 

"The doctor said it's normal if he doesn't remember how it happened, a kind of short term memory loss caused by a traumatic experience" Ngozi chipped in 

"What do you know, he needs to have an idea at least" Mandy said unimpressed
"Is she always like this?" Ngozi said to him
"You have no idea, that's why I told you to just say I'm in the hospital not call the calvary" he replied 

"I'm right here both of you. Look Mike, anything can happen to anyone at the firm, I just want to know if it is personal or not, I mean, no offense to your condition if you think I don't care"


He sighed deeply and like a fragment of his imagination, he remembered a scene from the attack and the words that he heard vividly. 

"I think I remember something, one of the men was like next time take the case and I have always been taking my cases.... except the one that the guy said he was fired unlawfully and it was all a coax. But wait, why am I explaining to you? Do you now work for law enforcement?" he said 

"No but I'm the closet thing you can ever get. Don't be offended Mike if I'm not crying at your bedside because you didn't die but have you seen you? You were beaten to almost a pulp, who does that? It is not compulsory that all cases must be attended to only those we deem fit and necessary. If this can happen to you in our own sanctuary, it can happen to anyone. I will check your case file and fish out the bastard, he is going to regret laying his hand on a Lawson. Get well soon we got work to"

 She said and they both looked at him in shock

 "Don't mind me, get all the rest you can, Ngozi thank you for taking care of him, wish I can stay longer but duty calls, will show up later, duty calls"

She gave him a pat on his shoulder and walked out of the ward. 


"Wow, so much tension for one woman" Ngozi said 
"Welcome to my world"


To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading