Thursday, December 10, 2015

MANDY'S LAW: EPISODE NINETEEN: TROUBLE BREWS





She waited patiently for him as he stepped out of the elevator and walked into the office lounge. She tried so hard to control her temper and hoped that the first word that came out of her mouth wasn't lethal. 

"How did the case go?" 

She asked surprised at herself that she was able to hold it down.

"You were right, I did some necessary research, turns out the guy was trouble before he got fired" he said
"So you are not taking the case, pro bono?"
"I'm not even taking it pro bonus, I'm done with it"
"Anything on your mind you would like to share?"

She looked at him and he looked back his face expressionless in wonder of what she meant. 

"Uhmm, none that I know of. Is something wrong?" he asked
"Well since I'm not worth knowing, Mr Lawson would like to know your take on handling the murder case with Bello"

His mouth flung open and he almost pinched himself that he forgot to pass down the vital information. 

"I'm sorry Mandy, I totally forgot about that, I would not intentionally keep it from you, I mean I wanted to tell you but you were pissed so I didn't want to aggravate your temper" he explained 

"What makes you think I would be angry that you are on the case?"
"I know you wanted the case, so I kind of put two and two together"
"Are you suggesting that I am jealous that you got a case I wanted?" she pressed further.
"No! Not at all, I mean I don't know, I just acted on impulse, I hope you are not angry?"
"You know what Mike, it is not all the time we are offered cases we want but that doesn't mean we don't get better. If you had told me, why will I get upset about it?"
"I'm glad you understand, I really wanted to..."
"No I don't understand Mike!" she cut him short "In fact right now, I am super pissed!"


She stormed out and walked down the hall to her office, he just stood there in shock wondering if he would ever make it right.




She was deep in a conversation, all smiles and giggles when he walked into her office.

"Yea I understand, no silly I will" she looked up at him "Uhmmm hold on, I will have to call you back, alright" she hung up.
"What brings you here Mike? You've been scarce since you started seeing super model"

"I'm not seeing her"

She raised her brow

"Technically, who were you with on the phone that made you all giggly?" he asked
"Excuse me? None of your business! So what can I do for you?"

"I think Mandy is angry with me and I don't know how to fix it" 

She chuckled 

"What?"
"For starters you are still alive so she is not" she said
"So I have to drop dead if she is?"
"Literally"

He sighed deeply and slumped on the chair. 

"How do I fix it so it doesn't get to that?"
"First of all, what did you do?" she asked
"I kinda didn't tell her that I am on the murder case with Mr Barrington"
"You kind of or you purposely let it slip?"
"Maybe, I wanted to but she was upset at that moment so I didn't say it because I didn't want to make it worse"

She nodded negatively 

"Sentiments is very bad for law business, you don't owe her anything but your loyalty and services"
"I thought I was being disloyal for working on a case she wanted..."
"Most times we don't always get the cases we want, Mr Lawson has been in this for more than thirty years, he knows the ropes so who ever he stations for a particular case he knows what he is doing and Mandy understands that completely, she could be a brat at times but she cools off eventually"

He used his palm to support his chin as his feet tapped rhythmically in anxiety 

"How do I make it better?"
"You apologize properly, trust me you want Mandy on your side more than Bello. Bello, sorry to say is a user who only cares about his work, doesn't care about your personal feelings. Make sure you make this right and next time don't put sentiments over value, you will get crushed in court if you do" she advised
"Thanks Pegs, I knew talking to you would help, I will right away"

He made his way to Mandy's office but was stopped half way through by Rose.

"Mike! Sorry to interrupt but the guy from yesterday is waiting at the reception" she said
"Thanks Rose" she leaves "Time to take care of one thing before the other" he said to himself as he followed her behind.



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading