Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mandy's Law: Episode Twenty-one: The Aftermath



Maybe it was a dream.


But he still felt pain.

So sharp that it hurt like a knife plunging deep into his ribs.

He tried to move but he couldn't, he tried to open up his eyes but it was impossible, his nose was filled with the harsh scent of drugs which took over the atmosphere.

 He heard voices after voices, fade in and out of the room but one voice was constant, her voice and that made him hold on to hope that he would see her again.


His eyes opened slowly, the room was blurred but gradually his vision returned to him. She was fast asleep on the chair next to his bed and he thought she was was a lovely sight to behold.
She turned and opened up her eyes and was surprised that he was awake.

"Oh my God! Mike! You gave me a heart attack!"

She sprang up from the chair and sat next to him.
"Where am I?"
"In the hospital of course, where else would you be?"
"What happened?" he asked
"You called me and I found you passed out, unconscious, lying in the pool of your own blood outside your office. I've been in shock since yesterday, your phone was damaged I didn't know who to call. What is going on? Who did this to you?"
"I don't know, it happened so fast, two men came out of nowhere and attacked me. What time is it?"
"It's 10am" she said
"Jeez! Please I need a favor, I need you to help me inform my office that I am in the hospital"

She looked at him in disbelief. 

"You almost died and all you can think of is work?"
"Please, at least let them know what is going on and why I didn't show up"

She folded her arms stubborn and persistent on having it her way, but she gave in. 

"Fine! But next time when you get hurt, call any of them. I don't think I can handle such trauma ever! I will go freshen up then I will head to your office, after that I will be back"

His eyes widened in surprise. 

"You've been here since last night?"
"What do you think?" 
She took her bag and walked out of the ward. 

"Thank you" he called out after her. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading