Thursday, December 24, 2015

Mandy's Law: Episode Twenty-eight: Pep Talk



"For someone who just escaped death, is it healthy to start your day with such work load?"

She looked down at him working with the stack of files scattered on his table. 

"Tell that to Mr Barrington, the terminator" he said in dismal 

"So what is up with you?" she asked 

"Nothing really"

He raised his phone, signed deeply and dropped it back. 

"You've been staring at your phone like you are expecting a call"
"I'm okay"
"If you say so" she turned to leave 

"Uhmm Pegs, this might be weird but can I ask you a question?" he called her back. 

"Sure what is it?" she pulled up a chair and sat beside him. 


"I kind of caught Ngozi tiptoeing out of my room early this morning, we kind of...... you know, last night and since then I've been calling her but she puts me on hold or doesn't pick up"

She looked at him in amusement. 

"Mike, do you realize you are trying to talk to me about your sex life, are you cool with that?" she asked 

"From the looks of it, I have no choice and I'm desperate" he said 

"Uhmm, okay, there are several reasons why a girl creeps out after sex, if she is a player or it was bad or she is ashamed"

He thought deeply as he tried to categorize what made Ngozi leave in an awkward way that morning. 

"She is not a player, she is the bold type and can't be ashamed, so it was definitely bad"

He appeared downcast and used his palm to support his chin.

"Really? You just got out of the hospital and you are already getting down" she teased 
"I know it just happened and I really messed up, didn't even bring my A game, I'm so screwed how do I make this right?"

"I don't know Mike, I'm not your therapist, maybe you should invite her to the Christmas party tomorrow at Mr Lawson's house, have a reason for her to call you, but stop calling her, you are not a stalker boyfriend" she advised 
"Sounds like a nice idea. Thank you Pegs, I knew you would tell me the truth"

"You are welcome" she stood 
"You know what Mike, she would be a fool not to call you back, pick up your ego and have a little faith, you don't always have to get it right the first time"

To be continued... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading