Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mandy's Law: Episode Twenty-two: There For Mike



She stood at the lounge for minutes and counting, waiting hopelessly for the receptionist who promised to inform Peggy that she wanted to see her... urgently.

She made sure that she mentioned the word at the beginning or end of her statement, like a prefix and suffix so she would understand how pressing the matter was. 


Peggy managed to show up and of course, she wore another loud dress, she thought. 

"I was surprised when Rose told me that Ngozi Anya wanted to see me, 'urgently'. If it is about Mike, he didn't show up to work today and I'm kind of surprised because it's quite unlikely" 

She said the words fasts without pauses or breaks inbetween. 

"Actually I am here because of Mike, he is at the general hospital"

She said and Peggy's eyes widened in shock. 

"What? How? When I left him yesterday he was completely fine"

"He was beaten by thugs here last night. I found him lying in the pool of his own blood outside. He is really in a dire situation, the doctor said she was surprised that he didn't experience any internal hemorrhaging"
"Please come with me"

Peggy lead the way and they walked to an office. 


"Oh my God! Now I feel so bad for wanting to kill him whenever he shows up. How is he?" Mandy said worried. 

"Stable but still in pain, they left him for dead. I haven't gotten over the shock of what happened, is there no security here?"
"Seriously I am as surprised as you are, everything felt normal this morning like nothing happened"
"Who could have done that to Mike? He would never step on anyone's toes, intentionally" Peggy said. 

"Let's go, I am coming with you to the hospital"

She cleared her table and grabbed her purse

 "Peggy inform Mr Lawson of the situation, cancel all my appointments for the day till I come back. I hope whoever did this is praying seriously that I don't figure it out because they must pay"


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading