Wednesday, November 26, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE ELEVEN: TIME CAPSULE: CHAPTER TWO: HOW SMALL IS THE WORLD?

                         Six Years Ago

She is sitting in the waiting room with five other applicants, she keeps tapping her foot in a rhythmic manner, as she waited anxiously for her fate to be decided. She looks at her watch, its been two hours. Suddenly the door opens and a young man walks in
"Sorry, but you all can go, thank you"
They all get up frustrated, some muttering curses as they leave, she walks up to him with courage
"I'm sorry sir, but you are making a big mistake by letting me go"
 "Excuse me? Who are....."
"I will give you five outstanding reasons why you should hire me" she cuts him short
 "We already gave you an opportunity to do that in the interview, its too late"
 He turns to leave the room
 "You've been trying to get a girl, done everything within your power to get her to go on a date with you, but to no avail, well that's not going to work because for starters, you need to change your style of hair cut, tuck your shirt more often, be a little polite in request, not demanding for an answer and at the same time, make her need you, not the other way round"
He turns to look at her in shock, wondering how she knew the details
"I checked your facebook profile, you talk a lot about her, in code, I'm a relationship expert so I was able to crack it, same with her, but she thinks you are too rude, bossy and rough. If I get this job, I will give you more tips, excellent tips, the same way I will handle this magazines heart to heart column with an impeccable touch"
She finishes up, taking in deep breathes, like one exhausted from a long and tiring speech of world peace
"Wow, you are like a stalker, an intelligent one, its good to have a background check, know the waters before fishing in the sea. Welcome to Classic Magazine......I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name"
 "I'm Miss Ego Geoffrey, thank you for this opportunity"
 "Well you earned it, I'm Wale, Mr Benjamin will see you now".



 Ego walks out of the building, she stands to wait for a taxi when her phone rings, its Tamuno, she picks it up excitedly
 "I got the job! I got the job!" She screams loudly
"Really? You mean as a heart shrink? If you really like the heart you should have studied cardiology" she said from the other end
 "There goes the sarcasm, we should celebrate, my treat"
 "Sorry Mandy is already treating us, just come down to the restaurant, don't forget your skills, we are about to perform a surgery on a turkey"
 "Oh my God! Its official, you have a license to practice!"
"Yes I am now an official Dr Who, now get your ass down here!"



                   Present Day
 Yinka walks into the music studio with the card in his hands, a young man is busy with an artist recording.
"Hello I'm here to see Ricko?"
The door opens and a guy walks in
"What's up man, glad you made it" they shake hands
"This is an honor Ricko, thanks"
 "Well why don't you start off by showing us what you've got"
He beckons on the recording artist to stop, the artist takes off the headphones and hands it over to Yinka as he comes out of the room, Yinka steps in
"So I will give you a beat, you try to flow, alright" Ricko said to him.
He puts on the headphone, the beat starts playing and he reminisces on the day it all started.
 

                 Six years Ago
 Everyone is cheering at him, as he gets off the stage and walks straight to Nnamdi who rushes towards him
 "Guy! You won! Oh my God! You are so popular right now, this is so cool, 100grand! I told you it was worth it"
He takes the cheque from his hand and places it on his forehead, like he wants to tap into the blessings, Yinka takes it from him
 "Do you want to ruin it! Come to think of it, I came here to study law, let's go out and celebrate" Yinka said
 "Wow, you mean like a party? Awesome, I know some girls"
 "Cassonova, not a party! Oh my the man united vs arsenal match! Let's go"
"Damn! I almost forgot" they rush off immediately.
 The cheque falls from Yinka's pocket, a young girl bends and picks it up, hoping to give it to him, but they are out of sight.



 "We have been waiting for over an hour, Yedire stop being silly, let's go, tomorrow we will hand it over to the S.U.G, why do you want to meet this boy anyway?" Amaka is restless and scared, its already a little bit dark
"To tell him he is a fool for dropping a 100,000 naira cheque" they are sitting at the kiosk near the venue
"Let's go, my brother will be worried, the show ended a long time ago, I came here to write my Post UME, not to die, this campus is dangerous, its late already"
"Amaka chill for once, don't be paranoid, this is a busy area"
She sights Yinka and Nnamdi looking through the bushes, in search of the cheque
"How can you drop such a valuable piece of paper? Guy you are getting clumsy" they keep searching for it
 "Nnamdi that's not being helpful"
"Looking for something?" They look up to see Yedire starring at them
"Yes, please did you see any cheque, its mine, I mistakenly dropped it" Yinka said to her
 "So after winning a competition you decided to drop the cheque? People need money desperately, some are even starving" she hands him the cheque
"Here, guard it with your life this time" she leaves with Amaka
 "Thank you!" He shouts after them
"What a saucy girl!" Nnamdi said looking at the both of them as they walk away
 "At least I got the cheque back" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading