Thursday, November 27, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE ELEVEN: TIME CAPSULE: CHAPTER THREE: WAS IT BY CHANCE?

Ego is in her office busy working when Ruki comes in
 "Bad timing? Just give me a hint and I will walk away?" She stood looking at Ego, wondering if she is going to yell at her again
"No you can come on in" she sits down
 "I'm sorry, I know I've been an ass...."
 "An ass? You've been more than an ass, in fact calling you an ass is a decent word" Ruki cuts in
"I'm trying to apologize here, look something went wrong, I almost got caught up with some bad people so I let them get the best of me, but I'm glad it is over, well I think it is" She shudders at the thought of it
"Its okay, apology accepted, though I didn't come here for an apology, as usual I'm the messenger of death, Yewande wants you to handle all of this before she comes back from Quebec"
She hands her an ipad, the memo is filled with tasks and meetings with different top media personalities and celebrities
 "What! What does it take for a woman to just do her job!" Ego looks at it furious, before slamming it down on her desk 
"Woah! I thought we were done with all that, anyway I'm kind of glad its no longer me, no offense, she just gets weird with her bossyness, always wants one to suffer one way or the other" Ruki nods in a negative way 
" I wonder what made her like that".


           Six Years Ago
 Wale and Beenie are in the office talking when Yewande barges in with rage
 "Have you lost your mind? How did you even get past my secretary?" Beenie stands up in fury
 "Really, Wale, you now dine with the master, it looks good on you" Yewande looks at Wale in disgust
"What are you doing here? You lost your job when you started reporting for another magazine" Wale said looking at her 
"I was framed! How many times will I say it! I was framed" she screamed like a mad woman
 "Hey! Hey! Not in my office, you need to leave! Now! Besides someone has taken your place, deal with it, now get out before I call security, clearly you've lost it" 
Beenie picks up the phone and waves it in front of her, posing a threat
 "Fine, have it your way, both of you, well the Magazine you said I was reporting for, guess what, I'm now reporting for them, I just came to see if we can be on a mutual ground, but mark my words Benjamin, what you have taken from me today, it will be taken from you, but not from me, deal with your threat, it never left, see you on the other side" she storms out of the office banging the door. 
      

                  Present Day. 

 Simi comes back home, Deji is sitting on the couch smiling
 "What?" She said surprised
 "Okay just come with me before I ruin the surprise" he takes her hand 
"Do you trust me?" 
"Yes what is this about?" She becomes uneasy and inquisitive
 "Close your eyes" she doesn't budge 
"Come on, close it" 
"Okay fine"
She closes it, he leads her into the bedroom 
"Open it" 
She opens them and sights the beautiful baby cradle in front of her
 "Oh my God! Deji, I....I don't know what to say" 
She covers her mouth with her hands as a way of reacting to the amazing surprise, a single tear rolled down her left eye 
"Hey don't cry, I'm here, I promise to make you and my baby, our baby happy, whatever it takes, I'm here to stay" he wipes away the tear and embraces her
 "You have made my life so beautiful and amazing, what did I do to deserve you?" Simi hugs him tightly 
"Well the question should be what did I do to deserve you" Deji said. 


             
                 Six years ago


 Simi and Ejiro are at a wedding reception, Aunt Bisi comes to sit with them
 "Wow you two look lovely" she hugs Simi and pecks her on the cheek, the same with Ejiro 
"Thank you Aunty, I must say this lady here is responsible for my glow" he looks at Simi with awe
 "That's really adorable, so it will be both of you soon?"
 Aunt Bisi said to them, they both seem uneasy with her question 
"Uhmm, when the time is right, I'm sure" Simi covers up 
"I didn't mean to spook you both, marriage is a lifetime commitment, has to be with the right person at the right time, luckily for me, I'm not looking for that, I'm right where I want to be" Aunt Bisi smiles scandalously
 "Right! With your boy toys" Simi teases her
 "If that's what you call it, just remember that the girl getting married today is your childhood neighbour and friend, you are not getting any younger, before you end up like me" she teases her back, they all laugh. 


 Deji is over at a corner watching Simi, Olika joins him 
"So guy you are chilling here? Come and help me serve the guests I'm tired" 
He takes a deep breath, takes the bottled water from Deji's hand and gulps down the contents 
"Seriously? I wanted to drink that!"
 Olika looks over at where Simi is
 "Hmm, so you are here checking out your sisters mate when plenty of young chicks are here wasting, people that are in your league, can't you see she came with her boyfriend? The guy is even fine" Olika teases him 
"Yeah! At least I'm not the one sleeping with her Aunt, who is old enough to be your mother" Deji teased back 
"Judge me all you can, but this is Lagos and when a hot cougar who isn't even up to forty asks me for her services when money is involved, who I'm I to reject it. At least I'm in a reality, stop being in dream land, get over this crush, find someone you can control not the other way round, trust me its no fun"
 Olika pats him on the back and leaves him to attend to the guests, Deji just stands there clueless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading