Saturday, November 15, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE NINE: DEAL GONE BAD: CHAPTER FIVE: PARTY ON

"Finally I get to leave this place, oh what a relief, I'm done with the smell of medicines and injections"
Yedire is very excited about her discharge from the hospital, she sits on the bed as Amaka helps her to pack up her things
"I'm so happy for you dear, are you sure you are okay with staying in Yinka's house?"
"Its not like I have another choice, I don't want those in the hostel to see me and feel like they can pity me, it won't be a matter of time though"
"A matter of time for what?"
 "Me and him, in the same building, like a cat and dog in the same place, we don't get along"
"I'll be there with you, so don't worry about it, besides the house is huge! God! I can't wait, it will be like an adventure"
"Really, hmm whatever though"
Yinka and Nnamdi comes in
"So are you ready? you have been officially discharged" Yinka said
 "I've been ready since the day I came into this damn place" they help her sit on the wheelchair
"So who gets the first push?" Yedire said
"I do"
Nnamdi helps her, Amaka takes her bag, and Yinka helps with the rest of the luggage, they all exit the ward.



 The club is booming with music blasting through the speakers, and the people on the dance floor. Amaka and Yedire enter the club dumbfounded
 "Private event indeed! Wheel me back" she tries to turn the wheelchair
"Hey! Snap out of it, its your day, don't ruin it" Amaka tries to convince her
"I can't stay here, especially like this, I'm ashamed"
"I understand but honey trust me on this, I will be with you till this is over I'm not going anywhere"
 Nnamdi comes over to where they are 
"I've found the place reserved for the both of you, luckily its near his cousin Simi and her friends, so don't panic because they are not strangers, follow me, there is another route" he takes over from Amaka as they follow another door into the club.


 "So girls, the party girl will be joining us here, please don't scare her away, Tamuno, today is not the day to be funny" Simi said to them 
"What? I'm always funny" 
Nnamdi and Amaka help Yedire as they come into the lounge, He leaves.
"Hey girl, you are so brave, I'm happy for you" Simi said 
"Thanks, I didn't want to come at first, it took a lot of convincing, this is my best friend Amaka"
 "Hi, I'm honored meeting you ladies" Amaka said
 "Oh we are too, this is Tamuno she is a surgeon at the General hospital"
 "Yes, we saw her around a couple of times" 
"Wow, I told you all I was popular in my own niche" Tamuno said 
"Ignore her, this is Mandy, she is a lawyer, and that's Ego she is a columnist for Resplendent Magazine" they all exchange pleasantries 
"So Yedire you are Yinka's babe?" Mandy said 
"Uh no! Did he say that" Yedire said shy 
"No, I just guessed" they all laugh, Ego looks lost 
"Ego what's the problem?" Tamuno said 
"I'm sorry I still feel sick, rain check" 
"Okay I will call you tomorrow" Simi said, Ego stands and leaves
 "Does this particular spot look like a grave? Why are they passing us with drinks? Hey! You, over here!"
 Mandy calls on one of the bartenders, he comes over to take their order 
"I'm not taking any" Simi said
"Me too" Yedire said 
"Well that leaves three of us, when I snap my finger I want the drinks to keep rolling, got that?" Mandy said 
"Yes ma'm"


 The guys are over at a corner, Olika takes the mic to make an announcement 
"Dj, turn down the music for a bit, thank you everyone for coming out tonight to share your support for my girl Yedire and tonight the best part hasn't even started, so its open mic night, a lot of artists have shown their talent but here is one you haven't witnessed yet, is Yinkz in the building?" 
The crowd goes wild with cheer
 "He didn't just do that!" Yinka said surprised, he looks at Nnamdi who winks at him
 "Of course its you, who else?"
 "Ladies and gentlemen, seems like he needs a little motivation, Yinkz! Yinkz! Yinkz! Yinkz!...." 
Everyone starts chanting his name 
"Go on man, steal the show" Deji beckons him, he gets up and goes to the stage, the crowd keeps cheering on
 "So are you dedicating whatever you planning on singing to anyone?" Olika said handing the microphone over to him before leaving the stage. 
Yinka just stared at the crowd, for a moment he felt lost, he looked straight at Yedire, she smiles and gives him the thumb up sign, he pauses takes a deep breath and starts rapping to the beat, soon everyone starts cheering him on, moving to the beat as he let his lyrical flow take over to the awe of the people.



 Ego comes into her apartment, she drops her keys and sits down, her phone rings she picks it up 
"Hello" 
"Miss Geoffrey, this is us, we told you we will keep in touch, for starters, how about you send us 500 grand before the next week runs out, the account details will be forwarded to your phone, after that we will get to know if its off or still on"
 "You know what, screw you, if I ever send you or we or whatever you all call yourselves a piece of my hard earned money, it'll be a cold day in hell!" she said, the voice laughs hysterically 
"You don't know who you are dealing with, no one messes with Oregun and lives to tell" the voice said 
"Well guess what?, I don't care, I call the shots, I say when it is off, hit me with your best shot, I look forward to it, the next time I get this call, you will be speaking to the police, goodbye!"
She hangs up and throws the phone on the couch, breathing in and out as fast as she could. 



 Courage isn't meant for the weak but for the strong, sometimes the vanquished becomes the victor because he/she chooses to do things a certain way, and doesn't let the thundering voice of the oppressor stand in the way of what is rightly theirs. We all have a choice in every situation, it all depends on what you do with yours. To be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading