Wednesday, November 19, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE TEN: SPRUNG OUT: CHAPTER THREE: THE LEAP


Yinka is parked outside Yedire's department, she is contemplating on whether to attend the lecture
"This is a horrible idea, I can't do this" she said
 "This is your final year, you just have to be courageous, I spoke with your H.O.D and promised him you will be in class today, it is not like you are visually impaired" he said
"Is that supposed to make me feel great about myself, because it is not working"
"I'm sorry, you can't keep running away from life, it won't halt and wait for you, it will keep moving till eventually its far away from your reach, then you will have no other option but to start all over again".
 She is silent for a while lost in thoughts
 "Okay you got me, just call Amaka"
"Thank you so much, trust me you won't regret this" he dials a number on his phone
"Hello, Amaka...yes we are outside".
They wait for a while before she comes out of the hall and walks towards the car
"Well here goes nothing"
 "Are you kidding, here goes everything"
He comes out of the car as soon as she approaches it "Glad you both made it" Amaka said
"It was very hard, kept convincing till we came here"
He opens the door and gets wheelchair, they both help her to sit on it
 "If this doesn't work, I will kill you when I get back" Yedire said
"Take care, I will come pick you up when you are done"
"Yes dad, bye dad" she said and they laugh.



 Deji is in the club when Yinka comes in
"Man I need a drink!" Yinka said
 "Isn't it too early to be taking something strong" Deji said
"Nah, I'm just kidding"
"What's up, you look stressed" Deji said
"Its not easy, I took Yedire to school just now" 
"You really do a lot for that girl, she is lucky to have you" 
"Not in that way, we are just friends, no strings attached"
"But you want the strings to be attached" 
"Well I think about it, but she is a difficult one, don't think I'm strong enough to handle drama"
 "If you say so, let's not talk about women, a music producer was here earlier hoping he would see you but unfortunately he didn't" 
"A music producer, why?"
 "Are you seriously trying to play dumb? After your state of the art performance last weekend, man you belong to that stage, you have talent"
 "I wish I could, but I have a lot on my plate, law school, now the recent development......" 
"Doesn't mean you can't take care of yourself, I'm not telling to start rapping, and throw away other things, I'm just telling you to check it out, here is his card, maybe the name will ring a bell" 
Deji hands over the card to him, he looks at it and laughs loudly
 "Wow! I've got to be dreaming, unbelievable!"
"Told you its worth a shot"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading