Friday, November 28, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE ELEVEN: TIME CAPSULE: CHAPTER FOUR: COULD WE TELL?

                        Six Years Ago.

He sat in his office pondering on the problems he faced, he knew if it came to defend the Minister, he will be defending a guilty man, he was known to be a man of principles and doing this will go against everything he stands for. He picks up the phone and dials a number
"Hello, yes I will take the case, just because I believe you had no other choice......will join you shortly, I just need to pick up a few things, alright.....bye" he hangs up.
 The door opens, she comes into the office
"Sorry I forgot to knock, I always forget, anyway I was successful in court today" she sits
 "Really? Wow that's a victory added to your other victories, congrats, but also remember your losses, so don't just feel comfortable yet" he said
"I know, there are good days and bad days, but there just have to be more good than bad" she smiles at him, he smiles back
 "So you had help?"
 "Yes, Mike the new associate went with me, he is really catching up"
"That's good to know" he gets up "I'm sorry but I have a flight to catch"
"What? Just like that, you always tell me days before you travel"
"Its a case, unfortunately its in Abuja, don't worry, I will be back today, or maybe tomorrow, it all depends"
He takes his briefcase, they both walk towards the door
"Take care of yourself dad" she hugs him
"You too Andy"



                 Present Day

"So just make sure you get a lot of rest this weekend, you need it" Mike and Mandy are walking to the car park
 "Oh Mike you are beginning to sound like my brother" she turns to look at him
 "Well, I'm kind of like a brother but in this case a junior brother, you taught me a lot, you are the reason I'm this bold and dashing, the old Mike dealt with inferiority complex and timidity, I'm not that any more"
 Mandy's phone starts ringing, interrupting their conversation, she picks up
"Hello...........okay....okay....will be right there" she hangs up
 "What is the problem?"
 "Uncle Fred wants to see me, right now"



 Yinka and Nnamdi are engrossed in the football match, his phone keeps ringing but he ignores it
 "Guy, won't you pick up the call?" Nnamdi said with his eyes still fixed on the screen
"No, its that producer Ricko, he wants me to pay 500k so he can sign me into his record label"
"That's extortion, seriously this producers sef, well you can't keep ignoring him, you have to face him anyway"
"That's true".
Amaka and Yedire comes into the living room, she helps her sit on the sofa, then she sits beside her
"What's the score?" they ask them
"Woa! what do you need the score for?" Yinka looks at them in surprise
 "Don't worry I can see" Yedire said looking at the tv
 "So you think women can't be interested in football?" Amaka asked Yinka
 "Its weird to me, except they want to impress a guy" Yinka said
 "Well their was this chick I dated, real football fan, she even gives a good away match after the main match" Nnamdi grined ear to ear
"Dude! Seriously?" Yinka looks at him in shock
 "Guy stop pretending, okay enough, besides didn't your love for football make you almost loose a cheque you won back in school" Nnamdi teases him
 "Well thank God for that girl, after shouting at me like she's my mother"
"Wait, you lost a cheque? Like how many years ago?" Yedire said
 "Should be six years ago, I was in my first year, why?"
Yedire and Amaka look at each other and start laughing
 "Oh my God, what a small world, she was the one that found the cheque, no wonder I always thought you both looked familiar" Amaka still continued laughing
"It was a 100k cheque right?" Yedire said
 "Yes it was, that's true, you were the one" Yinka smiled
 "Wow, what a small world" Nnamdi said, they all continued laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading