Sunday, November 30, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE ELEVEN: TIME CAPSULE: CHAPTER FIVE: CAN WE EVER GO BACK?

"Thank you for coming" she sits down
"You said it was urgent"
"Yes it is, I have to be honest with you Mandy, I really feel sorry for what I have done to you, not telling you that your father is still alive, it haunted me and I am sorry, honestly" he sobs silently
"You know I might pretend here that you had no choice, but at the end of the day, all you did was just make me hate you both more, because you have no idea what you have done" she stands up frustrated
"Mandy, you have to understand, he was at a tiping point, he had no choice but to protect you".

  .                Six years Ago

 Mr Fred Lawson is alone in his sitting room engrossed in a book when he hears a frantic knock on his door, he checks his time its past 10pm, he stands up and opens the door, Joseph barges in breathing heavily, like one being chased
 "Jo? What are you doing here?"
 "Turn on the television" he paces round the room
 "Why? You know I don't watch the television at this hour, I was about to read myself to sleep.."
 "Fred please! This is important!"
 He shouts at him to his surprise
"Okay just calm down" he takes the remote and switches it on, there is an announcement on the news about a jet crashing, Joseph's name is among those on board, presumed dead
"What? How is it possible that you didn't board?" Fred turns to look at him in great shock
 "I boarded, I found a letter in my breast pocket telling me to leave before the flight took off, when I took an excuse saying I couldn't represent the Minister any longer, he should find another lawyer, but as I got into my car the jet exploded as it took off, a call came to my phone almost immediately and the stranger told me to leave town, disappear, be dead like the people in the jet, that a choose my path when I decided to defend him in court, if I don't they will kill my daughter" he sits down and starts sobbing
 "Oh my God! Jo, why would you want to defend a guilty man, what did he really do, this is a mess"
Fred looks at him confused
"Its complicated, you have to help me, I'm really confused"
"Its okay, I know what to do".


  .                Present Day

 "I helped him get a fake identity which he used to leave, it was for his own good, you have to stop looking for him, you are endangering your life, the world is cruel and complicated, your father is a victim and has paid for it dearly with his life"
Mandy just sits down lost with tears in her eyes wondering what to do next
"Okay, thank you for telling me the truth"



Yewande is going through the report of the task she gave to Ego, she looks up at her and smiles
 "I'm impressed for now, you can go"
 Ego turns to leave but stops, and turns
 "I want to know something Yewande, why do you act like this? Sometimes its like you are trying to reach out, then you just shut everyone out, why?"
 She looks at her in surprise, then breathes in deeply
"Well you can sit down" she sits "You know what Ego, there is a lot of things you don't know or you weren't told, you replaced me when I was fired from Classic Magazine, I was falsely accused of trading reports to this magazine, well look at me now, the Editor in Chief, I guess what they say about disappointments being a blessing in disguise is true" she bends down to continue with her work
 "So did you hire me to get back at them?"
"No, I wanted to rescue an innocent girl who was about to be jobless, well I was keeping tracks when I found out Wale was the mole, in fact he was embezzling funds, Beenie's trusted assistant, this time it ripped the company apart financially, that's why I gave you a hint to check on him, guess he never changed, I'm just sorry for Beenie"
"What! Wale is the reason they are bankrupt? That's wickedness, he trusts Wale, he even felt sorry for not reaching out to him"
 Ego looks at Yewande shocked
"Sorry dear, that's life for you"



 Mandy opens the door crying, Mike comes in and hugs her
"Its okay, its okay, what happened?" He helps her sit down
 "I've been here blaming him for abandoning me, I didn't even realize that he gave it all up because of me, they threatened to kill me, he had to leave, why does everyone have to suffer because of me? Why is it always about me?"
She still keeps crying, he takes her hand
 "Mandy, you might not know it, but you have also been there for us, in many ways than you can imagine, you are very brave, strong, smart and a baddass, I am happy I met you, and even privileged to be close to you, people practically adore you and worship you in the office, wishing they can talk to you they way I do. Your father trusted you enough to believe you can handle it, and you've done an excellent job putting our name as the top firm in Lagos, we all owe you our lives, if it were up to me, I will do the same"
 she smiles at him and wipes the tears, then she places her head on his shoulder
"I will never see him again Mike, even to say thank you".


 Do you believe that there is a connection to everything that happens in our life? Some positive things? Some negative things? The people you might meet today that might help you just for few minutes and they leave you with the notion that you might never see them again, tend to occupy a bigger part of our tomorrow, its a small world, we should try to live good so people can help us when we need them most, expected and unexpectedly even if it means putting their lives on the line, so that we can live to fulfill that which we so desire. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading