Saturday, November 22, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE TEN: SPRUNG OUT: CHAPTER FIVE: PARENTAL CARE

"I don't understand what you mean? You are accusing me falsely and I won't accept it" he looks at her furiously
"I'm sorry, if this feels like a false accusation to you, then you have to recuse yourself"
"What? So I look like a client to you, Mandy what has come over you? I'm sorry if you still are suffering from the loss, you need help, and I can help you"
She stands up and paces round the room, then opens her bag and hands him a file
"I didn't want to use this, but you left me with no choice"
She gives the file to him, he stares at it for a while going through every page, suddenly his countenance drops
"Please, you have to believe me, he made me promise not to, your father is in some serious trouble"
"Oh my God! So if I didn't have any proof, you would have sent me away in the quest of helping me, like I'm some deluded little girl, with a wild imagination, how could you?
 She struggle with the words in her mouth, he voice becomes unsteady and shaky
"I'm really sorry, but you have to let this go, the road you want to tread on is dangerous, your father already took the risk of staying ghost, if the government knows, he is a felon, and we all helped in aiding and abetting, you know how all this works" he tries to convince her
"No, you aided and abetted a felon, not me, you know what uncle, I will find him, with or without your help, and I will tell him how dead he is to me, he was my idol, I adored and practically worshiped at his feet, all I did was to please him, I studied law because I wanted to be as influential as he is, but right now I feel disgusted!
She takes her bag and zips it
 "Good bye Uncle Fred, this time I mean it, for good"
She stomps out of the house, leaving the man wondering why he helped to tarnish the best memory she had of her father.



 The girls are in the restaurant having lunch, everyone is busy with their meal, no one feels chatty and up for a talk
"Okay I can't keep calm anymore, this is weird and awkward, everyone spill it" Tamuno breaks the silence
"Did you give me that quota because you think I'm not strong to push a baby out?"
"What!"
 Ego and Mandy chorused at what Simi said, she looked on sternly at Tamuno
"No! I will never think that, I know you are baby Simi, but no! You are tougher than you look, its the normal policy, but its given by the third trimester, I just wanted to prepare you, didn't want to break it at that stage" she tries to explain herself
"Well next time don't give me preferential treatment because I am your friend, when the expectant mothers gets what they should get, that will be when I will get what I should get, okay!" She uses a commanding tone
 "Okay, are cool yet?"
 Tamuno extends her hand for a peace offering
"Yes, we are cool" they shake hands
"Okay I want to cry" Ego said, they all stare at her with surprise on their faces
"Why are you all looking at me like that?" She stares back also surprised
 "Do you realize this is the first time in ages you are making a humane statement?" Simi looks at her with her brows raised
 "True, I almost thought I won't be Brutal Mandy anymore, it will now be Brutal Ego"
"Wow, I didn't know it was that bad" Ego said in a meek tone
 "Well if it wasn't maybe people didn't complain"
 She becomes uneasy with what Tamuno said
"Then I was wrong, how many people complained?" Tamuno said
"Everyone in my office...."
 "End of story, you are back, we should celebrate but I'm not feeling up to it"
Mandy raises her glass of wine and gulps down the contents all at once
"Wow, looks like your meeting didn't go well" Simi said
 "No, but one thing is clear finally, I never had a father, just the image of who I thought he was, and I can't wait to say it to his face".



 When we were younger, we always saw our parents as small gods, they frightened us in the littlest of ways, sometimes we even go out of our way hoping they will be pleased, a little hand made Christmas card, an I love you on Valentine's day.....but when we end up getting chastised for our actions, we have that notion in our little minds, that they don't care, they hate us, they are not our parents. But growing up we get to value everything they did, every action they took to shape and fashion our future, but what happens when we learn their dirty secrets? Do we push them away? Kick them to the curb? Pretend like they never existed? No we don't, because they are humans, and not the demi gods we thought of them as, hereby they are very capable of mistakes.

Dedicated to the loving mothers and fathers who nurtured us to adulthood, those who still live on, God bless you, those who are late, may they rest in perfect peace and those we never knew of, a piece of them still lives in us. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading