Friday, November 14, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE NINE: DEAL GONE BAD: CHAPTER FOUR: THE BEST INTENTIONS

Egowalks into the office building, everyone is busy with their work, no one takes note of her, she goes straight to her office and sits tossing her bag on the table.
"Well, look who the cat dragged in" she raises her head to see Ruki standing by the door
 "Good morning to you too" she enters, pulls a chair and sits
 "Why haven't you been at work? And don't give me the sickness crap, the Ego I know will come to work with a headache" 
"I was sick, Ruki, now I am much better, thanks for asking" 
"Ouch! I didn't know it was that serious, I would have bought a get well soon card and made everyone sign it" 
"But you didn't, can we drop this, I'm not in the mood"
 "Of course" she stands and walks to the door
 "By the way, Yewande wants to see you" she leaves
 "First day back to work, yay!" Ego said



 Yewande is in her office when Ego comes in 
"You asked to see me?"
"Yes I did, make yourself comfortable" she sits down
 "How is your health?"
"Much better, thank you"
"Okay, but in any case you feel sick again, try to apply professionally for a sick leave, if not that I heard from your doctor, your job would have been on the line" 
"I am so sorry, it just happened, I pray there won't be a next time" 
"That's the spirit, well that's all for now, I sent some tasks to your email, handle it" Yewande said
"Okay, thanks again" 


 Yinka enters the club, the place is empty, Olika at the bar with the bartender, he goes over to him
 "Man of the hour, what's up" Olika shakes him 
"Nothing much, how is it going? I'm sorry I haven't been here for a while" 
"Its nothing, besides you don't work here, you just have a percentage"
"Yes, but I like to help, I need a favor" 
"Okay, with what?"
 "My friend will be discharged from the hospital, I was hoping I could throw her a party here, over the weekend, something small, a private event" he said 
"Wow, must be a special friend huh? Well you don't have to ask for my permission, you have your party"
 "Oh! Thank you very much, I was also thinking if it would be in form of an open mic night too"
 "Hmm, brilliant idea, its done, just send the memo across to Deji, he will take it up from there" 
"Thank you again, I really appreciate" 
"Duly noted"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading