Thursday, November 20, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE TEN: SPRUNG OUT: CHAPTER FOUR: RECKONING FEAR

She just stood there for a long while counting from one to one thousand, then from one thousand back to one, she couldn't get herself to do it, her limbs go completely numb, with every fiber of her being, she knocks on the door, after few moments the door opens
 "Mandy, what a surprise, please do come in"
The elderly man ushered her into the house, down to the living room
 "Make yourself at home" she sits on the sofa
 "Uncle Fred, how are you?" 
"Well I'm fine health wise, a few pains in my lower back but I will be alright" he smiled in a perky way 
"I'm glad you are"
 "So what brings you? Oh! silly old me, pardon my manners, would you like some wine?" he offered standing up to fetch it 
"Don't worry uncle, I don't want to bother you" she said
 "Are you sure?"
 "Yes"
 "Well if you say so" he sits down
 "How is your family? I hope you hear from them" she tries to spark up a conversation 
"Everyone is fine, my eldest daughter, Kemi just put to bed, a baby boy, it gets lonely here, but they always visit for Christmas, but something tells me that's not what brings you here, or I'm I wrong, the first time in five years, you are suddenly concerned about my welfare?" he said in dismal 
"I admit, I'm not the poster child of my father, I cut out everyone when he died, but funny enough, that's the reason I'm here"
She looks on sternly with her gaze fixed on his face, wondering if he twitched at the mention of her father
"You are here because you cut me out when your father died?" he sounded confused
 "No, I'm here because he is alive and you know he is". 



 Simi is in the living room watching a documentary on the television on 'how to prepare for labor' she holds on to her stomach like she is in a form of physical pain, practicing the exercise with the expectant mother on the screen, Deji walks in and she switches it off, pretending to be looking at her nails.
 He takes note of the awkwardness and looks at her
"What?" she blinks rapidly avoiding the eye contact 
"What are you up to?" he dims his gaze and raises his brows
"Does it look like I'm up to something?" she tries to play along
 "I could swear the television was on why is it off?" 
He moves towards it, she covers her face with the pillow in shame before he switches it on
"Wow, this is deep, is this really happening, Oh my God! is that an intestine?" he switches it off immediately and turns to her with his face in real shock 
"Okay you got me, I'm trying to be prepared" 
"You are scaring the hell out of yourself" he goes to her, sits and takes her hand
 "I don't want you to feel like you can't do this, why are you having second thoughts?" 
"Its Tamuno, she just brought this quota from no where expecting me to fill it, in case the c-section becomes an option" she said moody 
"Not an option, we can do this, we are a team, we are in this together, so please promise you won't watch that scary thing again" he hugs her tightly and plants a peck on hear forehead 
"I will, thank you, you are the best" 
She smiles and holds on tightly, wishing that he doesn't let go of his embrace, because she feels safe, from the world, and the worries there in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading