Monday, October 20, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE SEVEN: GAME OF THRONES: CHAPTER FIVE: THE CROSS WE HAVE TO BEAR

Mandy slumps on the chair in the office, she
looks at Adaeze with complete rage in her eyes
"I used to think it was just hate, infact I convinced myself it is what it was, you've always wanted what I had, you spite me for it, but this sudden obsession, that I don't understand" Mandy said
"Don't flatter yourself hun, its been nothing but a game, to find what makes Mandy tick, when we all left law school, a lot of us were struggling with how to land a case, but you were already leading, so I decided to piss you off but that wasn't until it became the only real thing in my life, your father was or is a good man, he proposed then he decided it was time to tell Mandy the wicked witch was about to be her step mother, that was when I found out he was neck deep in something big enough to kill him, I became inquisitive starting investigating, I found out about the jet being sabotaged, after the crash I didn't hear from him, I still kept tabs, I knew he is in London, but where? So when I found out about your trip, I had to know why"
Mandy stands up immediately
"I am sick of listening to your lies, you need to get the hell out of my life, my firm before I take you apart"
"That's impossible, I am not done, till I know where he is"
"Oh yes! You are! If you don't want me mailing this files to the judge's office you will leave this instant and say I passed the investigation, Ms Lawson is still the clean and devoted lawyer she has always been, you will do this because you don't want me playing a game of how hell bent and dirty I can be"
She stomps out of the office


Yinka enters the ward, Amaka is sitting on the chair watching over Yedire
"Did she wake up?"  he said
"No, its been two days. I'm beginning to get scared"
She bends her face sobbing silently, he goes to where she is and holds her hand
"It will be fine, have a little faith, I brought some food"
"Thanks, I will be back let me make a call" she leaves the ward
Yinka sits and stares at Yedire for a while
"I might not really know a lot about you, but I believe you are stronger than this, please we want you to fight, I want you to fight, you are a good woman, good women don't give up easily"
He holds on to her hand and bends his face, suddenly he feels her fingers moving, he looks at her to see her eyes open
"That was quite a speech" she smiles at him
"Oh my God! You are awake"
"How long have I been out?"
"Doesn't matter, you are awake now"
He holds on to her leg as he adjusts himself on the bed
"I'm sorry, hope that wasn't painful" he said taking his hands off her leg
"Don't worry , I didnt feel it"
She pauses for while and looks at him in shock
"Do that again"
"What?"
"I mean you should hold my leg, this time make it painful"
"Are you sure? Or should I call the doctor?"
"Do it!"
"Okay! Okay!"
He holds her legs with his hand and squeezes it tightly
"Did that help?"
"Yinka, I can't feel my legs. I can't feel my legs!"

There is a thin line between hate and despise, tragedy and pain, mistakes and dissapointments. The world is not a cruel place, the people want to be good, but something changes them, it makes them snap, till they are left with no choice but to deal with the demons within. It takes only strength, courage, bravery to get through to the other side.
To be continued....n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading