Thursday, October 30, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE EIGHT: NEW SHOES: CHAPTER THREE: CRAVINGS

Ego and Ruki are standing before Yewande in her office, she is on the phone chatting and laughing
"How long are we going to stand here before queen bee takes note that we are humans, not office decorations, my shoes are killing me" Ego whispers to Ruki
"Lucky for me, I am so used to it, sometimes its like being a soilder in a battlefield"
Yewande hangs up
"Oh my! It is so good to be back, I never knew people missed me this much, except for the news that I am getting married to a 70 year old billionaire, but no
comment" she laughs hysterically, Ego turns to look at Ruki who gives her a funny look
"God! What is with the atmosphere? The weather here is so over the top, like I'm boiling literally" she fans herself with the book on her desk
"But your airconditioning is about 16 degrees, that's low, its really cold here" Ego said
"What will you know, you haven't crossed the border, give me an update"
"We have distributed this month's magazine, the next magazine is almost ready, the finance department have sent the list of approved ads, each newsletter for the columns are being reviewed, it remains your final approval" Ruki finshes up as fast as she could
"Okay, well I will look into what you justsaid, you can go, Ego stay
She leaved the office
"Welcome back Yewande"
"Thanks, but I didnt tell you to stay to get a warm welcome, have you heard anything about your former boss, Benjamin of Classic Magazine?"
"Not lately, why? Is it a crime to contact him?"
"No, but you should be concerned, I heard
the magazine has shut down, maybe its not true, you know this blogs and their fake gossip, that is why I don't read them"



Ego is knocking loudly on Beenie's door she keeps knocking till he opens up looking wasted
"Do you want to bring the door down? I have neighbours!"
She pushes him away and goes in, the place is in a mess, there are strains of  powdery white substance on the table, she takes some with her finger, smells it and chokes at the scent
"Oh my God! Is it this bad? You are using coke again? How could you not tell me?"
"Why do you care? Get out!"
"I am going no where till you sober up!"
"Like hell you won't"
"If you don't let me help you, I will call your ex wife, Shade, tell her you are using again, you won't have any custody of your kids, you won't see them ever again, but if you let me help you, it will be llike this never happened, now do we have a deal?"



(Photo credit deviantart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading