Friday, September 12, 2014

LAME RED: SEASON TWO: EPISODE THREE: REMEMBERING THE TIME PASSED: CHAPTER FIVE: NEVER TO FORGET

Ego is in her office when Ruki comes in "So the paper is over due and Yewande is asking if you will run the story" she said "what story?" "That of the minister and his wife" "I've told her I'm not, she should find someone else, I can't be the cause of the pain a family goes through" Ego said "Really? You have to tell her that yourself, whatever Yewande says, we do irrespective of who is getting hurt, well she is calling you, you can tell her exactly what you just told me now" she leaves. Ego stands and walks straight into Yewande's office, she is busy on the phone "I'm not doing it" she looks up at her "I will call you right back" she hangs up "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch you?" "I said I'm not going to write anything against that family" Ego said "You see my dear, I was just like you, gentle, good, had the best intentions naïve, it didn't get me any where, you need to be tough for this world because if anyone had the opportunity to do something that will get their name all over the internet, blogs, sites, they would grab the opportunity with both hands, besides this will teach men a lesson on how to keep their extra curriculum activities out and face their family, think about it". .................................................................... "So I have told you everything about my childhood and the funny pranks I've played on people, and you have also told me about your childhood, I'm really glad we are alike" Yinka said to Aunt Bisi, he is sitting beside her hospital bed "You have missed one important fact" "what is it?" Yinka said "the girl in your life, don't tell me as handsome as you are you don't have any, I will like to meet her" "I used to have, but I don't guess she couldn't stay with a broke ass nigga" "don't say that, you might be broke today, that doesn't mean you will be tomorrow, I want you to do me a favor" "anything for you mum" "I want you to continue with law school, you just have few months, why quit now, you can do both, with your law skills you can be in charge of a lot of things and I have few surprises up my sleeves" Aunt Bisi said "okay i will, only because of you, I'm thirsty let me get something from the hospital counter" "Okay" he leaves the ward, as he walks down to the counter he meets Tamuno on the way "Hey Yinka, how are you?" "I'm doing good Dr Tamuno, please can I ask a question?" "Sure anything" "its been three days with my mum, and she gets strong in my eyes, is their hope? Is it possible she could be in remission?" Yinka said "Look I know you want her to get better, but she has suffered this disease for the past five years of her life, even if she gets better, it still comes back, her whole blood work is covered with it and it eats deeper into her, she is a miracle still living, and I believe it is because she is holding on to something, we should all watch and pray because it could come at any minute" Tamuno said to Yinka who appears downcast "thanks a lot, I just wish to have more time with her" "keep praying, I have a lot to do now will come later to check on her" she leaves, Yinka goes over to the counter, as he tries to take a drink, the emergency alarm goes off, all the nurses and doctors rush in panic, he looks over to see them going into Aunt Bisi's ward "Code Red! Code Red! Patient going into cardiac arrest, proceed into ward 106" he drops the drink on the floor and runs immediately to the ward, the nurses refrain him from going in "I'm sorry sir, you have to stand back" "she is my mother, please let me see her" suddenly Simi and Deji rush in immediately "what's going on here, someone please talk to me" Simi said as she tries to call on Tamuno who is administering the CPR, suddenly it flat lines "Time of death, 7:45pm, call it in" Tamuno said almost sobbing, Simi falls to the ground, Deji drags her up into his arms, consoling her as she wails, Yinka rushes over to hold his mother as they cover her face, but Tamuno prevents him, trying to calm him down. .................................................................... It might look easy to you, life, it might be simple everyday waking up, breathing into the air and breathing out, going about our duties, staying healthy when there are millions of pathogens and viruses in the air, when some people struggle with life, when their are some in the hospital battling cancer. Always learn to give thanks, it is not easy having this gift of life and health, it is the best gift over all. Dedicated to the strong women who have battled breast cancer, those who won, and those who lost, may they rest in perfect peace, Amen. To b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to drop your comment! I would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for reading